Today I thought I’d share some of my favorite ways to save money while decorating.
It would be great if we all had unlimited bank accounts to hire professional decorators to make our homes gorgeous, but that’s not very practical or very fun, right? DIY’ing your decor helps your budget and can give you a sense of accomplishment.
Also- you’ll have one-of-a-kind pieces that your neighbors won’t have!
(And be sure to scroll all the way down to the $200 gift card giveaway!)
1. Instead of buying new furniture, update pieces you already have with new paint and hardware.
2. Create your own DIY art and decor.
3. Make or decorate throw pillows to match your decor.
4. Create your own less expensive “knockoff” of something from a high-end home store. Here are some examples:
5. Make your own slipcovers or curtains for much less than buying them new.
6. Give items a completely different purpose than what they were originally intended for.
By using things you already have or making things yourself, you will save money and reduce waste- which is good for your wallet, good for the planet, and good for your peace of mind. Often when we bring new/additional items into our homes we are adding to the abundance of “stuff” – and we must find a place to store it, keep it clean, mend it when broken, etc.
Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle, DIY, Simplify!
What tips do you have to share?
To save more money, use coupons! Get Mother’s Day Coupon Codes HERE.
*Also enter to win a $200 gift card to the winner’s choice of Target, West Elm, or Home Depot!*
(Sorry, U.S. Residents Only)
Visit the other blogs below for more great tips to save money and simplify your home!
Brave New Home | Crafting in the Rain | Dukes and Duchesses | Girl in the Garage | Glued to My Crafts | Happy Go Lucky | It Happens in a Blink | Mom Home Guide | The Pinning Mama | The Thrifty Groove | unOriginal Mom | Up to Date Interiors