Here we are, at the very end of 2013.
I had barely started blogging when the year began, and I’ve learned so much since then!
It seems like the more projects I do, the more creative I feel. Do you feel the same?
Here’s a look back at my 10 most popular DIY projects this year.
In true countdown fashion, let’s start at #10…
10. Gift Wrapped Table Makeover: A midcentury table was transformed with wrapping paper and Mod Podge.
9. Hanging Hearts Mobile: One of my earlier projects of the year, made with scrapbook paper. I can’t wait to get this out and hang it again soon!
8. Gilded Twin Tables: This pair of tables got a stunning makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® and some metallic gold paint on the edges.
7. Bonjour Blue Chair Makeover: This chair + this blue paint = a match made in heaven!
6. Textured Dresser: Wallpaper was applied to this plain dresser with Mod Podge and then it was all painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®. Such a cool piece!
5. Chic Little Table Makeover: Another one of my earlier projects this year- this table was given a couple layers of paint and distressed each time, with beautiful results!
4. The Gray Dresser: A makeover that took me almost 9 months to complete. This was a broken curbside find and I gave it a lot of TLC!
3. Vanity Makeover & Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® Review: One of my personal favorites, and an in-depth opinion and review of how to use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® and wax.
1. Organizer Makeover: A project that was a lot of fun for me because I love upcycled projects, and this one is almost unrecognizable from the “before” to the “after.” It’s a great project that anyone can do!
That’s it – my top 10 most popular DIY projects of 2013.
There are a few that surprised me when I pulled up the list, and a couple of my personal favorites that didn’t make the cut.
What do you think of my list, are your favorites all here?
I can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store!
Before you go, I invite you to check out some of my friends’ top posts of the year- links are below!
Sunday December 29th:
Monday December 30th:
Tuesday December 31st:
Join the GITG Community
When you join this thriving online community of 90,000 creative souls, you'll be inspired to discover hidden artistic talents and learn skills to boldly face DIY projects with confidence.
You'll also receive my free guide "Just Paint It: 7 Tips for Transforming Furniture with Confidence."