Christmas Home Tour 2013

Merry Christmas friends!  Okay- I know it’s not really Christmas for another 2 weeks but today’s my turn to share my home with you as part of the 12 Days of Christmas Tour.  Let’s get started, shall we?

When you arrive at my house you’ll be greeted on the porch by my mason jar lid banner wishing you a Joyeux Noel.  (If you’re new here, I have a bit of an obsession with all things French…)

Step inside and there’s a beautiful shimmery bouquet on a chippy white table (not my work- I bought this one a long time ago!).

Turn to the right and you’re standing in my awkward entryway in which hangs our advent calendar.  The boys actually have been really great about taking turns moving the snowflake every day.   ;)

Walk a bit further and you will see our Christmas tree.

Most of my Christmas decor is red, white, and metallics.  In our former house, all of the decor was red and white- my couch and loveseat were even red.  I just love those colors together!

And on the hutch is the M&M Joy Art I made a few weeks ago.

Turn around and you’ll be facing my mantle which is nestled in the corner – and yes, that is a Christmas village below.

I’m a newbie to chalkboard art so I’ll have to do a little more practicing – go ahead and giggle… it’s okay.  ;)

This snowman was one of my very first Christmas decor purchases – there’s a spring inside so when you touch the top half he kind of dances.

And here is my village.  For as long as I can remember, when I was a kid I always loved going to my grandmother’s house on Christmas Eve- she has the largest and most elaborate “village” and I always joked that it was more of an entire state than a village.

Those memories have always had a special place in my heart, so last year I decided to start my own village.  I had 3-4 buildings last year, and then I bought several pieces at yard sales and another new one this year.  It has grown pretty quickly in the past year!

I added a few reminders of our trip to London; did you notice them?

The boys LOVE it.  I hope it brings them the same joy and wonderment that I felt staring at my grandmother’s village for hours on end.

Then on a nearby bookshelf you will find my sequin ornaments in this bowl…

And one of my favorite keep-away-from-the-boys ornaments of the Eiffel Tower.

Now let’s leave the living room and head into the dining area.

Little metallic ornaments take the place of candles for this event.

The table is set for Christmas Eve dinner!

This will be the third year that we’ve hosted for my parents and my sister and her family.

The decor is ready but I guess I better start working on the menu… oops!

This is my wedding bouquet; it has been living on this pedestal for awhile now and I thought it would make the perfect centerpiece.

After leaving the dining area, head over to the fridge (more white sparkling grape juice anyone?) and nearby you’ll find this display which includes the DIY Christmas trees I made last year and a glass ornament – which is also a keep-away-from-the-boys item.

Thanks so much for visiting my home today, come back again soon!

Be sure to visit all of the other stops on the 12 Days of Christmas Tour!

xo Jen

INSPIRATION FOR MOMS

Friday DEC 13th

MY SOULFUL HOME

CONFESSIONS OF A SERIAL DIYer

LILACS AND LONGHORNS

**Don’t forget to enter the $750 cash giveaway through Dec. 22!**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

Jen, I would be right there with your boys looking at your wonderful Christmas village! I always find myself staring at these when I’m at the stores. I love your warm and inviting home and especially your Mason jar garland. Such creativity. Thanks so much for sharing. :) Happy holidays and happy to be on tour with you!

2. says

Hi Jen! Everything looks so lovely and wonderful – I especially love your village, because we have huge village that we’ve been collecting for a lot of years. The red, white and metallics look fantastic – your wedding bouquet as a centerpiece on the dining room table is such a wonderful idea and looks beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us – pinning and sharing! Hope you have a merry wonderful week!
    Cindy Eikenberg recently posted…Sugar Cookie Hot Vanilla with Candied MarshmallowsMy Profile

3. says

It looks wonderful Jen! I love the little snow village – Mike’s grandmother gave us one when we got married and now that the boys are old enough, they love setting it up on their train table in the playroom at Christmas. I’ve never thought of looking at garage sales and thrift stores for additional pieces – that is a great idea! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Holly recently posted…Storywood Designs Christmas Tour 2013My Profile

4. says

Everything looks so pretty at your home for Christmas. I like your advent calendar and know that you children anticipate using it each year. I like where you placed your village because it’s a spot where it can be enjoyed by the entire family all of December. Thanks so much for sharing your home with us!
    Paula@SweetPea recently posted…Iced Ginger CookiesMy Profile

5. says

Jen, I am loving the charm of your Christmas ideas. I enjoyed seeing the Christmas village. I can only imagine the Christmas memories and stories the village could tell.
    Thanks for sharing your home on the tour. It’s been a lot of fun!
    Merry Christmas!
    Meegan recently posted…12 Days of Christmas Home TourMy Profile

6. says

Wow Jen – your home is just too pretty for words. Your tree looks amazing (um… can I please have that adorable Owl ornament??). And I cannot believe those JOY letters are made with M&Ms. Say wha?? Awesomeness right there. I love how you have your holiday village displayed (I seriously miss having a fireplace) – we need to add another building to our village ASAP. The barn was added after Christmas last year. Love that little fountain. I will now have to search all over the interwebs to find one.
    So glad to have been part of this tour with you!! Pinning now! xo
    Claire @ A Little Claireification recently posted…Holiday Home Tour & DIY Pepperberry Ornament PlacecardsMy Profile

7. says

Jen, I love you Christmas village. I’ve been thinking of something to start collecting for Christmas and this might just be it. I vaguely remember my dad making a village when I was small. Mainly remember him using a mirror for a pond. Don’t know what ever happen to it. Thanks for sharing your home. ~Jeanette
    Jeanette recently posted…Mason Jar Christmas TreeMy Profile

8. says

Beautiful Jen! I’m loving all the bright festive RED in all the decorating this year! (I am usually not a bright red lover but I even used a ton in my decorating! ;) ) Gorgeous and festive! I love your Christmas village too…how very cool.
    Oh, and those ornament place cards are perfect!! So creative! :)

Thanks for sharing your beautiful home!

Nancy
    Nancy @ Artsy chicks rule recently posted…My Holiday Home Tour – How to Decorate on a Budget {Part 2}My Profile

9. says

Jen I love your tour! Soo many beautiful things, the little trees you made are awesome! Love the advent calendar so cute! The french banner is adorable! I love all the red and white that you used those colors truly are Christmas to me!! You did a beautiful job :)
    Dria recently posted…DIY Deer HeadMy Profile

10. Crystal says

It’s amazing Jen! It’s so beautiful and really captures all the fun and beautiful things of Christmas!! I can’t even tell you what is my favorite because everything was so lovely. I do have soft spot for the village as my grandmother, mother, myself and now my girls each have one. When my girls were old enough, we started buying them a house or something for their village every year that they got to pick out. Such fun memories and beautiful decor!! Loved your house!!

Trackbacks