16 Creative Ways to Decoupage Furniture

Add more personality to your furniture makeovers with decoupage.  Here are 16 creative ways to decoupage furniture!  girlinthegarage.net

I love thinking of new ways to give makeovers to old furniture.  Painting is usually the first step in the process, but often a plain piece really needs something extra to make it unique and memorable.  I was first introduced to decoupage over a year ago and since then it has enabled me to do some pretty awesome projects!  Personally I always use Mod Podge but I know there are other methods, some of which my friends have used in their makeovers below.  Whether you want to add a small detail to a drawer front, add a surprise inside the drawers, or make a big impact all over, I’ve gathered 16 creative ways to decoupage furniture.  I hope you’re inspired to try it too!

If you’d like to Pin any of the individual pieces below, please click over to the original blog post and Pin from there.  Thank you!

1.  Map Table by Girl in the Garage

2.  Kid’s Decoupage Desk by Petticoat Junktion

3.  From Blah to Ooh-La-La Dresser by Curb Alert!

4.  Textured Dresser by Girl in the Garage

5.  Butterfly Side Table by Artsy Chicks Rule

6.  Black and Burlap Cabinet by Girl in the Garage

7.  Happy Nightstand Makeover by Fresh Idea Studio

8.  Gift Wrap Table Makeover by Girl in the Garage

9.  Floral Painted Bar Stool by Sweet Pea

10.  Dresser with Fabric Inlay by Confessions of a Serial Do-It-Yourselfer

11.  Upcycled Garage Storage Caddy to Frenchy Organizer by Girl in the Garage

12.  Decoupaged Postcard Drawers by Plum Doodles

13.  Armoire Makeover with Wallpaper and Fabric by Girl in the Garage

14.  Spring Table by Snazzy Little Things

15.  Painted End Table with Sheet Music Drawers by Plum Doodles

16.  Decoupage Desk by Petticoat Junktion

Do you have any decoupage projects planned?

I’d love to hear about them!

Recent Popular Posts:

* Beachy Summer Tablescape, an Upcycled Centerpiece, and a GIVEAWAY for Pfaltzgraff Dinnerware!  (through July 3, 2014)

* Easy Patriotic Bandana Wreath

* 30+ Budget-Friendly DIY Decorating Ideas

13 Comments on 16 Creative Ways to Decoupage Furniture

July 4, 2014 at 2:10 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Kathy! I love both of your decoupaged desks. Hope you’re having a great 4th of July! 🙂

July 4, 2014 at 2:10 pm (3 years ago)

You’re welcome Christy – I love your dresser! I have to agree… and I might even be inspired to do another decoupage project very soon! 🙂

July 4, 2014 at 2:09 pm (3 years ago)

You’re so welcome Nancy! I love the addition of the butterfly on that table. 🙂

1. Paula@SweetPea
    June 30, 2014 at 4:16 pm (3 years ago)

What a great collection! I see so many projects that I missed when they were posted on the blogs. Now I have some fun reading to do and I’m getting inspired to decoupage a furniture piece. Thanks for including my stool along with the other projects.
    Paula@SweetPea recently posted…From Frightening to Fabulous: A Dresser MakeoverMy Profile

July 4, 2014 at 2:08 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Paula! I was happy to include your stool. Hope you’re having a great holiday! 🙂

2. BAM
    July 1, 2014 at 9:50 pm (3 years ago)

Very creative ideas, especially like the French themed ones and anything with music, is just my cup of tea. Makes me want to get started on those tables I’ve been eyeing for awhile.
    BAM recently posted…Company on the beachMy Profile

3. Lisa Barnes
    July 16, 2014 at 11:13 am (3 years ago)

Awesome, Ideas. Thanks to you all. ♧♣★★★★★ five stars.

4. Karen
    September 17, 2014 at 6:46 am (3 years ago)

I love love love your style, it has given me some inspiration. Xoxox

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on 16 Creative Ways to Decoupage Furniture