Hi, I’m Jen. A while ago I left a career in banking management where my creativity was rarely used. So these days I spend most of my spare time in the garage – fixing and painting furniture (usually from a thrift store, yard sale, or curbside!) or creating unique home or personal accessories – and I love every minute of it. I’m certainly not an expert but I hope to be a resource for others who share my enthusiasm, and I’d also like to hear about your successes. Here I’ll share with you my current projects, tips I’ve learned along the way, and even some mistakes I’ve made- because this is real life, and no one’s perfect! When I’m not in the garage I’m usually chasing around two adorable but mischievous little boys or bugging my hard-working husband for a second opinion on my projects.
Some fun facts:
1. My favorite color is red, but lately I’ve really been digging teal and turquoise.
2. I’m not a big fan of chocolate. I prefer gummy bears, sour patch kids, or lemon heads.
3. My husband and I were set up on our first date by mutual friends… and the rest is history.
4. Our boys are the same age for 6 days during the year.
5. I love going to concerts and try to go to a couple every year. (We only managed to go to one this year – John Legend – but it was fabulous!)
Welcome to my garage and my life.
If you’d like to get in touch with me, you can reach me by email at:
I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
Note: I am not accepting guest posts at this time.