It’s no secret that I love to update and repurpose things for my home – but I also enjoy upcycling items for my closet. I don’t do it as often, but I’ve had the itch to do more- and I have some great ideas flowing! Below are links to some of my favorite tutorials from around the web to update your wardrobe by repurposing items you probably already have, or can find easily at any thrift store.
**Two of these projects are mine, but the rest are from some very talented bloggers – so if you see anything you like, please click the link to their blog and show them some appreciation! And if you’d like to Pin any individual project, please Pin directly from the appropriate blog.**
1. Cuff Bracelet from a Necktie by Girl in the Garage – This is my project, and probably my favorite non-furniture makeover that I’ve done.
2. Braided Headband from a T-Shirt by Make It & Love It – So adorable for women or little girls. Two-toned would look great too!
3. Flirty Romper from a Goodwill Dress by OH SO PRETTY – Such a great refashion; it looks completely different than before!
4. Stylish Rings from Vintage Earrings by Girl in the Garage – Since clip-on earrings are out of style, turn them into something wearable again!
5. Vintage Pillowcase to Apron by Decor to Adore – Maybe an apron isn’t actually part of your wardrobe, but it’s still an awesome idea – and with a few tweaks would be beautiful as a summer skirt for a lady or a little lady!
6. No-Sew Scarf from T-shirts by Doughmesstic – I want to make this so bad, it looks so comfy!
7. Little Girl’s Dresses from Adult Shirts and Sweaters by The Sassy Pepper – This would save you a ton of money instead of buying new girl’s dresses!
8. Flower Brooch from a Zipper by Laura Siri (in Italian, but with lots of photos) – So very cool and unique.
9. Katniss-Inspired Cowl from Thrift Store Sweater by See Kate Sew – I may be the only person who hasn’t seen The Hunger Games, but I can appreciate how awesome this cowl is!
Do you have anything at home you can repurpose and add to your wardrobe?
I have some plans for upcoming projects, so stay tuned!
Recent Awesome Posts:
Join the GITG Community
When you join this thriving community of over 7,000 creative souls, you'll be inspired to discover hidden artistic talents and learn skills to boldly face DIY projects with confidence.
You'll also receive my free guide "Just Paint It: 7 Tips for Transforming Furniture with Confidence."