12 Inspirational Patios & Porches

12 Inspirational (Gorgeous!) Patios and Porches - Compiled by Girl in the Garage.

With spring upon us I’ve been dreaming of beautiful porches and backyard escapes.  Would you like to dream with me for awhile?

1.  I would absolutely love to lounge on these chairs on this brick patio (image via Danny Seo)

Beautiful Patio and Trellis

2.  Take a relaxing swing under this pergola…  (Image via Southern Living)

Pergola {Image via Southern Living}

3.  Or read a book on this swing on a screened-in porch which looks kid-friendly; big plus!  (Image via Southern Living)

Screened-in porch {Image via Southern Living}

4.  This space from Southern Living is perfect for entertaining a few friends; I imagine the candles lit in the evening would be lovely.

Porch for entertaining {Image via Southern Living}

5.  I simply adore the creams and blues paired with all the flowers in mason jars and vintage vases on this cottage porch via BHG.

Cottage porch decor {via Better Homes & Gardens}

6.  This cozy patio would please even my husband, with the flat-screen TV!   (Image via BHG)

Porch with flatscreen TV {via Better Homes & Gardens}

7.  I love the stone flooring and architectural details of this outdoor area (via BHG).

Stone patio {via Better Homes & Gardens}

8.  This space seems simple enough to create even if you don’t have a huge budget… the sunken seating area and the brick and stone together are very eye-pleasing.  (Image via BHG)

Brick patio {via Better Homes & Gardens}

9.  More beautiful brick… it reminds me of a cobblestone street with luscious greenery – or my own “secret garden.” (Image via BHG)

Brick patio {via Better Homes & Gardens}

10.  Something about the weathered, old-world style furniture caught my eye.  (Image via BHG)

Outdoor living room on porch {via Better Homes & Gardens}

11.  I don’t have a pool, nor do I even know how to swim, but I know I would enjoy relaxing here while watching my family swim or even entertaining friends with all the available seating.  The curtains add a delicate touch while offering some privacy.  (Image via BHG)

Stunning pool and patio (via Better Homes & Gardens}

12.  Lastly, a tiered deck and patio area might be the best of both worlds.  You have room for extra seating, and the variety of materials used makes this space visually stimulating along with the vibrant pops of color.   (Image via BHG)

Tiered deck and patio {via Better Homes & Gardens}

I have more beautiful outdoor inspiration on my Pinterest boards– I’d love for you to follow me!

All this inspiration has led me to some conclusions…

1.  We need to finally build an outdoor space this year.

2.  I’m leaning toward a stone or brick patio.

3.  There will be comfortable seating and colorful accents!

Are you dreaming of -or- planning to create a backyard escape this year?  What design elements will you include?

Other Awesome Posts:

12 Absolutely Beautiful Bathrooms

10 Ways to go BOLD with your Furniture

17 Repurposed Crate Ideas

{Filthy to Fancy} Organizer Makeover

17 Comments on 12 Inspirational Patios & Porches

1. Rachael
    April 17, 2013 at 10:11 am (5 years ago)

Jen, I love these! It inspires me to spruce up our boring deck! I can’t wait to see what you decide to do.
    Rachael recently posted…Gathering Strength from Psalm 42My Profile

April 17, 2013 at 1:38 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks Rachael! It was perfect timing today- did you see the curbside patio set I snatched this morning (pic on FB)? Now I’m definitely wanting/needing a patio to put it on! If only Scott would take some time off work to build me something. (Haha..)

April 17, 2013 at 1:35 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck – I wish I could have a garden! Sadly, plants don’t usually stand a chance with me around… I need a very low maintenance garden. 🙂 Thanks for visiting Melissa!

2. Kristin
    April 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm (5 years ago)

Great post! You’ll have to let me know how your traffic goes. <3

April 17, 2013 at 1:33 pm (5 years ago)

Sneaky Kristin… I had to figure out what that meant! 😉 Thanks for the pin!!

3. Missi @ havoc to heaven
    April 17, 2013 at 2:23 pm (5 years ago)

I am just in the process of starting my patio after finishing a screened in porch. I am using old bricks that I found for super cheap on Craigslist. I am super excited. It will look a lot like the first picture you have in your post. Can’t wait to see what you end up doing!
    Missi @ havoc to heaven recently posted…Office Light Before and AfterMy Profile

April 17, 2013 at 6:09 pm (5 years ago)

Missi, I’m sure it will look amazing! I love the look of old bricks. I’m leaning toward brick, stone, or a combo of the two. Sometimes you can find the most awesome things on Craigslist – I didn’t even think of looking there for patio building supplies!

April 17, 2013 at 10:13 pm (5 years ago)

Amy, thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂

4. Tara @ Suburble
    April 17, 2013 at 10:08 pm (5 years ago)

Love the round-up of patio inspiration! I’m working on our own patio this year, and this is great inspiration!

(long live the Tribettes! 😉 )

Tara
    Tara @ Suburble recently posted…Livening Up The “Mantel-scape”My Profile

April 17, 2013 at 10:20 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks so much for visiting me Tara – I’m excited to get to know you and the other Tribe girls better! (And I can’t wait to get my patio either!) 🙂

5. Adrianne
    April 18, 2013 at 7:51 am (5 years ago)

Doh. I should have known better that “inspiration” would instantly translate to ENVY. Gorgeous picks. Wish I were sitting on ANY one of those right now!!
    Adrianne recently posted…Tangerine Chandelier EarringsMy Profile

6. Jenna
    April 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my goodness! Such gorgeous spaces! Thanks so much for rounding these up and sharing! Pinning! Thanks for linking up to Give Me The Goods Monday! Can’t wait to see what goods you bring next week! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof
    Jenna recently posted…BHI: Start Fresh, Buy New HousesMy Profile

April 24, 2013 at 6:44 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for visiting, Jocie! I don’t think I can pick a favorite, I love pieces of all of them.