One of my decorating weaknesses is mirrors. Someday in our next house (if I have a giant wall somewhere) I’m going to make a huge gallery wall of just mirrors. I love vintage ornate frames and I love how mirrors reflect light to make a room seem larger. I’ve updated a few mirrors and even upcycled a boring mirror into something else- there are many options for making over a mirror or its frame! Below are 12 creative DIY’s to help inspire you to buy an ugly mirror at Goodwill or pull out that unused mirror hiding in your garage- and give it new life as something fresh and beautiful. Good luck with your makeovers!
The links below will take you directly to the tutorial on that blog.
If you’d like to Pin a project below, please click the link and Pin from the original source.
1. Mirror upcycled into chalkboard by Restoration Redoux
2. Old gold mirror updated with black paint by Girl in the Garage (that’s me!)
3. Glamorous upcycled door mirror by Lilikoi Joy
4. Spray painted mirror frame by Plum Doodles
5. Broken mirror into a frame for vintage map by My Passion for Decor
6. Bold color update for living room mirror by Girl in the Garage
7. DIY Eagan Mirror (inspired by Pottery Barn) by Inspiration for Moms
8. Mirror makeover (inspired by Ballard Designs) by Postcards From the Ridge
9. Mirror to memo board command center by Girl in the Garage
10. Decoupaged mirror with napkins by My Clever Nest
11. Mirrored ceiling medallion from candle plates by Faux Daddy Designs
12. Pink and pearl mirror makeover by The Thrifty Rebel
Those are some pretty fabulous mirror makeovers!
Who says you can’t get the look you want at a reasonable price? Just DIY it!
SheilaG @ Plum Doodles says
Great mirror roundup, Jen! Thanks for including my mirror with all this glam goodness. 🙂
SheilaG @ Plum Doodles recently posted…How to Preserve an Authentic Chippy Finish
Shanna Gilbert says
Thanks for including my aqua mirror Jen!
Shanna Gilbert recently posted…Pinterest Party Friday!!!
Laura @ Inspiration for Moms says
Fabulous round-up Jen!! Thanks for including my PB Eagan mirror! 🙂
Laura @ Inspiration for Moms recently posted…M.A.D. Menu Plan Monday
Tuula @ The thrifty Rebel says
Thanks so much for including my pink and pearls mirror!!
Tuula @ The thrifty Rebel recently posted…DIY Silver Goblet Wind Chimes
You’re so welcome- the pink is so fun and the pearls gave it just the right touch!