Easy Bandana Wreath {Patriotic Inspiration Tour}

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Hi friends!  Today is the beginning of four days of red, white, and blue patriotic inspiration.  Fifteen of my blogging friends and I are each sharing a craft, decor, recipe, etc. to help get you in the mood for the 4th of July, which is only a few weeks away!

I made a bandana wreath and it was SO simple.   It’s been a little while since I did a craft project and I was reminded how much faster they are than painting a big piece of furniture!  This one took me about 30 minutes, but I kept stopping to take pictures.   😉

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Supplies:

• Wreath form
  • Red, white, and blue bandanas (I used one of each)
  • Scissors

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

First I cut the bandanas into approx. 3 inch strips.  I didn’t measure, I just eyeballed it.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

I folded the strip into a U under the wreath and pinched the two ends together…

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

And pulled them down over the wreath and through the loop to make a knot.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Pull it tight and fluff the ends as needed.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Repeat until your wreath is full and festive!

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

I love red, white, and blue together – and the bandanas give this wreath such a classic American look.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Have you started your 4th of July crafts yet?

(Similar post: Fabric Garland and Bunting, which uses the same fabric/knotting technique)

Be sure to visit my friends’ projects below!  There will be 16 total so come back – 4 more will be added every day during the tour.

p.s. I dare you to try typing “bandana” over and over – see how many times you type “banana” instead.  😉

Here’s the full tour schedule:

Mon 6/9:
While He Was Napping
Thurs 6/12:
Our Southern Home
Bargain Decorating with Laurie
Christina, Plain and Simple
My Mom Made That

Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Inspiration Tour - June 9-13, 2014 - 16 bloggers sharing 4th of July projects!

44 Comments on Easy Bandana Wreath {Patriotic Inspiration Tour}

June 9, 2014 at 2:05 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you Christy! So do I. :)

June 9, 2014 at 2:05 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you Wendi! So glad you stopped by. I can’t wait to see everyone else’s projects either!

1. Meegan
    June 9, 2014 at 8:20 am (1 year ago)

LOVE your adorable wreath Jen! Perfect for any door on the 4th. Lovin;’ all the red, white and blue inspiration.
    Pinned and stumbled :)
    Meegan recently posted…Red, White and Blue Inspiration TourMy Profile

June 9, 2014 at 2:08 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks so much Meegan! Funny thing- this is the first real wreath I have ever made! I might be hooked now. 😉

2. Paula@SweetPea
    June 9, 2014 at 8:51 am (1 year ago)

What a cute patriotic wreath! I’m always looking for crafts to do with a few young friends and I’ll bet that both of my crafty young pals would like to make one of these.
    Paula@SweetPea recently posted…May Stitch Fix ReviewMy Profile

June 9, 2014 at 2:09 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you Paula! It really was SO easy, anyone could make it! :)

June 9, 2014 at 2:10 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you Dria! The flag tray you made is fabulous!

June 9, 2014 at 2:10 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Kathy! I’m excited to see your project- I know it will be awesome! :)

June 9, 2014 at 2:11 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks so much Nancy- I can’t wait to see your project for the tour! :)

3. Sarah
    June 9, 2014 at 2:46 pm (1 year ago)

Clever idea! Thanks for sharing!

4. Kim @ The Cookie Puzzle
    June 9, 2014 at 3:20 pm (1 year ago)

What a totally cute and fun idea. There are so many cute bandanas available now, you can make one for every month or holiday. Thank you for sharing this great tutorial with us.
    Kim @ The Cookie Puzzle recently posted…Light Fixture MakeoverMy Profile

5. laurie
    June 9, 2014 at 6:14 pm (1 year ago)

Jen, I love this! What a splash for so little time. I’m not crafty, but I think I could accomplish this. Pinning. laurie
    laurie recently posted…UNCLE SAM for 4th of JULYMy Profile

6. Amy @ StowandTellU
    June 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm (1 year ago)

Your wreath is adorable, Jen!! Bandanas are about as American as apple pie. Thumbs up to an easy project to decorate with for this patriotic season!!
    Amy @ StowandTellU recently posted…Townhouse Rehab #tbtMy Profile

7. Crystal
    June 9, 2014 at 11:58 pm (1 year ago)

Super cute and fun!! Love how easy it is too! Thanks so much! Pinned!1

8. Christy @ Our Southern Home
    June 10, 2014 at 8:06 am (1 year ago)

Jen,

I so love this! My 15 year old daughter loves summer crafts!! We always celebrate the 4th at the beach with a party! She will love making this to take to decorate our beach cottage with!! Buffered, pinned and stumbled! XXOO Christy
    Christy @ Our Southern Home recently posted…Upcycled Beverage StationMy Profile

June 10, 2014 at 10:23 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks so much, Jeanie! I like easy crafts too. :)

9. chris aka monkey
    June 10, 2014 at 12:39 pm (1 year ago)

this is my kinda craft no glue no muss no fuss and i love bandanas thanks for sharing xx

10. Mary Ann mensching
    June 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm (1 year ago)

I was on a mission today to make this! Found a straw wreath at Michael’s and had to search all over Walmart (of all places) for bandanas. I found true red & blue at Academy Sporting Goods. My straw wreath is too large so it’s back to Michael’s tomorrow! I am determined!

June 10, 2014 at 10:22 pm (1 year ago)

I’m so happy you’re going to make this wreath! I hope you have better luck finding the supplies. I know you can buy the foam wreaths at Joann’s or Hobby Lobby – and I bought the bandanas at Hobby Lobby for $.99 each. (They have lots of color choices!) Please let me know how it turns out! :)

11. susie
    June 11, 2014 at 8:14 pm (1 year ago)

I love making wreaths no matter what season or what color. you can make a wreath out of anything or take one apart and re do I love your bandana wreath so simple yet so cute and who would not love the price. thanks for this quick craft project

12. Kelley S.
    June 15, 2014 at 6:25 pm (1 year ago)

Love this project! What size wreath did you use?

June 15, 2014 at 9:40 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you Kelley! The foam wreath is 10 inches across.

13. Wendy
    June 15, 2014 at 7:44 pm (1 year ago)

What size wreath form did you use for this? Thank you in advance!

June 15, 2014 at 9:40 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Wendy! The wreath form is 10 inches across.

14. Liz
    June 16, 2014 at 2:23 pm (1 year ago)

This is ridiculously adorable and easy!!! Thanks for the awesome idea!
    Liz recently posted…My Summer PrayerMy Profile

June 18, 2014 at 10:51 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Liz! It was definitely easy – glad you like it! :)

15. Stacey
    June 24, 2014 at 8:25 pm (1 year ago)

This is so cute! My mom, sister and I got together this weekend and each made a wreath using your tutorial! Ours turned out a little different due to wreath size, but we had so much fun making them! Thank you!! So happy I found your blog :)

June 25, 2014 at 10:03 pm (1 year ago)

Stacey, that’s so great! Thanks for letting me know. :) I’m glad you guys had a fun time making your wreaths and I hope you love them as much as I love mine!

July 11, 2015 at 11:25 pm (2 months ago)

Thank you Kate!

5Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Easy Bandana Wreath {Patriotic Inspiration Tour}

1. […] * Easy Patriotic Bandana Wreath […]

2. […] Easy Bandana Wreath @ Girl in the Garage […]

3. […] You may also like:  Easy Patriotic Bandana Wreath […]

4. […] beginning to look a lot like… the 4th of July!  My patriotic bandana wreath greets friends at the door, my red, white, and blue chair is ready to seat an extra visitor, and […]