Easy Bandana Wreath {Patriotic Inspiration Tour}

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Hi friends!  Today is the beginning of four days of red, white, and blue patriotic inspiration.  Fifteen of my blogging friends and I are each sharing a craft, decor, recipe, etc. to help get you in the mood for the 4th of July, which is only a few weeks away!

I made a bandana wreath and it was SO simple.   It’s been a little while since I did a craft project and I was reminded how much faster they are than painting a big piece of furniture!  This one took me about 30 minutes, but I kept stopping to take pictures.   ;)

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Supplies:

• Wreath form
  • Red, white, and blue bandanas (I used one of each)
  • Scissors

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

First I cut the bandanas into approx. 3 inch strips.  I didn’t measure, I just eyeballed it.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

I folded the strip into a U under the wreath and pinched the two ends together…

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

And pulled them down over the wreath and through the loop to make a knot.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Pull it tight and fluff the ends as needed.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Repeat until your wreath is full and festive!

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

I love red, white, and blue together – and the bandanas give this wreath such a classic American look.

Easy Bandana Wreath - It only takes about 30 minutes!  girlinthegarage.net

Have you started your 4th of July crafts yet?

(Similar post: Fabric Garland and Bunting, which uses the same fabric/knotting technique)

Be sure to visit my friends’ projects below!  There will be 16 total so come back – 4 more will be added every day during the tour.

p.s. I dare you to try typing “bandana” over and over – see how many times you type “banana” instead.  ;)

Here’s the full tour schedule:

Mon 6/9:
While He Was Napping
Thurs 6/12:
Our Southern Home
Bargain Decorating with Laurie
Christina, Plain and Simple
My Mom Made That

Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Inspiration Tour - June 9-13, 2014 - 16 bloggers sharing 4th of July projects!

42 Comments on Easy Bandana Wreath {Patriotic Inspiration Tour}

(June 9, 2014)

Thank you Christy! So do I. :)

(June 9, 2014)

Thank you Wendi! So glad you stopped by. I can’t wait to see everyone else’s projects either!

(June 9, 2014)

Thanks so much Meegan! Funny thing- this is the first real wreath I have ever made! I might be hooked now. ;)

1. Paula@SweetPea
    (June 9, 2014)

What a cute patriotic wreath! I’m always looking for crafts to do with a few young friends and I’ll bet that both of my crafty young pals would like to make one of these.
    Paula@SweetPea recently posted…May Stitch Fix ReviewMy Profile

(June 9, 2014)

Thank you Paula! It really was SO easy, anyone could make it! :)

(June 9, 2014)

Thank you Dria! The flag tray you made is fabulous!

(June 9, 2014)

Thanks Kathy! I’m excited to see your project- I know it will be awesome! :)

(June 9, 2014)

Thanks so much Nancy- I can’t wait to see your project for the tour! :)

2. Sarah
    (June 9, 2014)

Clever idea! Thanks for sharing!

3. Kim @ The Cookie Puzzle
    (June 9, 2014)

What a totally cute and fun idea. There are so many cute bandanas available now, you can make one for every month or holiday. Thank you for sharing this great tutorial with us.
    Kim @ The Cookie Puzzle recently posted…Light Fixture MakeoverMy Profile

4. laurie
    (June 9, 2014)

Jen, I love this! What a splash for so little time. I’m not crafty, but I think I could accomplish this. Pinning. laurie
    laurie recently posted…UNCLE SAM for 4th of JULYMy Profile

5. Amy @ StowandTellU
    (June 9, 2014)

Your wreath is adorable, Jen!! Bandanas are about as American as apple pie. Thumbs up to an easy project to decorate with for this patriotic season!!
    Amy @ StowandTellU recently posted…Townhouse Rehab #tbtMy Profile

6. Crystal

Super cute and fun!! Love how easy it is too! Thanks so much! Pinned!1

7. Christy @ Our Southern Home
    (June 10, 2014)

Jen,

I so love this! My 15 year old daughter loves summer crafts!! We always celebrate the 4th at the beach with a party! She will love making this to take to decorate our beach cottage with!! Buffered, pinned and stumbled! XXOO Christy
    Christy @ Our Southern Home recently posted…Upcycled Beverage StationMy Profile

(June 10, 2014)

Thanks so much, Jeanie! I like easy crafts too. :)

8. chris aka monkey
    (June 10, 2014)

this is my kinda craft no glue no muss no fuss and i love bandanas thanks for sharing xx

9. Mary Ann mensching
    (June 10, 2014)

I was on a mission today to make this! Found a straw wreath at Michael’s and had to search all over Walmart (of all places) for bandanas. I found true red & blue at Academy Sporting Goods. My straw wreath is too large so it’s back to Michael’s tomorrow! I am determined!

(June 10, 2014)

I’m so happy you’re going to make this wreath! I hope you have better luck finding the supplies. I know you can buy the foam wreaths at Joann’s or Hobby Lobby – and I bought the bandanas at Hobby Lobby for $.99 each. (They have lots of color choices!) Please let me know how it turns out! :)

10. susie
    (June 11, 2014)

I love making wreaths no matter what season or what color. you can make a wreath out of anything or take one apart and re do I love your bandana wreath so simple yet so cute and who would not love the price. thanks for this quick craft project

11. Kelley S.
    (June 15, 2014)

Love this project! What size wreath did you use?

(June 15, 2014)

Thank you Kelley! The foam wreath is 10 inches across.

12. Wendy
    (June 15, 2014)

What size wreath form did you use for this? Thank you in advance!

(June 15, 2014)

Thanks Wendy! The wreath form is 10 inches across.

13. Liz
    (June 16, 2014)

This is ridiculously adorable and easy!!! Thanks for the awesome idea!
    Liz recently posted…My Summer PrayerMy Profile

(June 18, 2014)

Thanks Liz! It was definitely easy – glad you like it! :)

14. Stacey
    (June 24, 2014)

This is so cute! My mom, sister and I got together this weekend and each made a wreath using your tutorial! Ours turned out a little different due to wreath size, but we had so much fun making them! Thank you!! So happy I found your blog :)

(June 25, 2014)

Stacey, that’s so great! Thanks for letting me know. :) I’m glad you guys had a fun time making your wreaths and I hope you love them as much as I love mine!

5Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Easy Bandana Wreath {Patriotic Inspiration Tour}

1. […] * Easy Patriotic Bandana Wreath […]

2. […] Easy Bandana Wreath @ Girl in the Garage […]

3. […] You may also like:  Easy Patriotic Bandana Wreath […]

4. […] beginning to look a lot like… the 4th of July!  My patriotic bandana wreath greets friends at the door, my red, white, and blue chair is ready to seat an extra visitor, and […]