Who doesn’t love an awesome IKEA hack? The IKEA Rast dresser is a small, lightweight wood dresser with three drawers and endless ways to upcycle it. It’s also very inexpensive and just needs a little assembly (it is IKEA, after all).
Below I’m sharing 30+ ideas for an IKEA Rast hack – some of which will definitely blow your mind!
Here’s my first IKEA Rast dresser hack below – I transformed it into a faux suitcase dresser many years ago and ever since, I’ve seen tons of similar copycats (so flattering)! I also created an updated, bigger version on a vintage dresser for my book Amazing Furniture Makeovers: Easy DIY Projects to Transform Thrifted Finds into Beautiful Custom Pieces.
Since then, I’ve seen countless more IKEA Rast dresser makeovers across the web. Lots of amazing transformations are below – click the links underneath to read the entire tutorial. (Unfortunately, a couple of the links are no longer active.) Enjoy!
- Industrial IKEA Rast Hack – Giddy Upcycled
- Patriotic Dresser – Virginia Sweet Pea
- Painted and Stained Dresser – Little Red Brick House
- IKEA Rast Hacks – House Beautiful
- Apothecary Cabinet Nightstand – Thrifty & Chic
- Leather and Brass Campaign Dresser – Vintage Revivals
- Navy Dresser with Shelf – Cleverly Simple
- Metallic Nightstand with Nailhead Trim – Simplicity & Coffee
- Bar Cart – Average But Inspired
- Mirrored Nightstand – Sincerely, Sara D.
- IKEA Rast Hack – Hawthorne and Main
- Upcycled IKEA Rast with Overlays – Bliss at Home
- Modern Industrial Nightstand – Simply Designing
- Anthropologie-Inspired Nightstand – At Home on the Bay
- Green Ostrich Nightstand – Design Manifest
- Pink Dresser with Crystals – How to Nest for Less
- IKEA Nightstands – Run to Radiance
- Burlap Dresser Makeover – Canary Street Crafts
Friend, I hope you’re feeling inspired after seeing all these IKEA Rast dresser makeovers – there are so many amazing ideas out there! I’d love to know which are your favorites, and if you’ve done your own IKEA Rast hack. Have a great day – I appreciate you! -Jen
Mother Deer says
This was a great curation. Thanks for the inspiration 🙂
Jen, Girl in the Garage says
So glad you liked these ideas! 🙂
Caye Cooper says
Holey moley! So many ideas to inspire! Thanks for sharing them.
We appreciate you, too!!
Wow, so amazing!
Uh oh… this could get addicting! :))