Gold and White Stenciled Table {Themed Makeover}

Yes this is a gold and white stenciled table makeover, but that just sounds so boring, doesn’t it?  This is definitely not a boring table.  Once in a while, all the stars align and a project comes together exactly like I imagined- this is one of those times.  <3  I hope you love it too!

Today is Themed Furniture Makeover Day, and this month we were challenged to create a two-tone project.  (See all the previous TFMD posts and themes HERE.)  If you scroll all the way down you can see all of my friends’ makeovers too.

My mom sent me a fuzzy cell phone pic of this table at the thrift store (she’s always looking out for me!) and I fell in love with the shape – it reminds me of the Coliseum.  I paid more than I normally would but it was worth it!

BEFORE:  A stunning stenciled table makeover in metallic gold and white for Themed Furniture Makeover Day.   girlinthegarage.net

First, because of the reddish wood I primed the whole thing.  Red tends to bleed through light colored paint, and I didn’t want to take any chances.  (Plus Modern Masters recommends this brand of primer for their metallic paints.)

I also used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® in Old White, Modern Masters metallic paint in Olympic Gold, and finally MasterClear polyurethane to protect it all.

After painting the two shelves in Old White, I stenciled the Lisboa Tile Stencil from Royal Design Studio – and I really believe the combination of Chalk Paint®, metallic gold paint, and the Lisboa stencil made some magic!   😉

The rim and eight legs all got about 3 coats of Olympic Gold, and all of it was protected with the MasterClear poly.

Here’s how the top turned out:

It looks so gorgeous when the light shines on it and makes it shimmer!

You can find all of my Chalk Paint® projects HERE

and my recent platinum Modern Masters metallic furniture makeover HERE.

Have a fabulous day!

Please visit my friends’ projects also by clicking on the photos below.

32 Comments on Gold and White Stenciled Table {Themed Makeover}

1. karin
    September 25, 2014 at 7:39 am (2 years ago)

What a STUNNING difference! I am in LOVE! That turned out so wonderful!
    You have an amazing Eye!
    Hugs
    Karin

2. Breanna
    September 25, 2014 at 8:11 am (2 years ago)

The stars certainly did align! This is so beautiful! You really can’t go wrong with white and gold and I love the unique shape of this table! Props to your Mom for scooping this up for you!
    Breanna recently posted…Olive & Old White Two Toned TableMy Profile

3. Beth
    September 25, 2014 at 2:11 pm (2 years ago)

STUNNING! Not normally attracted to gold but this is gorgeous! Loved the original table but you stepped it up several notches! I have a similar table, not as nice, and have been trying to get inspired on what to do to make it special. I think I just found my inspiration! Thank you!

4. JaneEllen
    September 25, 2014 at 3:55 pm (2 years ago)

Whenever I see the magic bloggers do it always amazes me what a coat of paint (or 2 or 3) do for a piece of furniture to give it a new life. You sure made that table (love the style) shine in more ways than one. It’s gorgeous. I’m not usually a lover of gold but the gold really made this table wonderful. The stencil helped to give it awesome detail on top. Love legs on your table, you’ did great job. Happy weekend

5. Sherry Fram
    September 25, 2014 at 7:53 pm (2 years ago)

Talk about turning a sow’s ear into a silk purse!! Love the stencil you used for the table top and the gold against the white is just classy!

6. Leanne
    September 25, 2014 at 9:13 pm (2 years ago)

What a stunning piece! So eye catching! You did an excellent job. 🙂

7. Marie@The Interior Frugalista
    September 26, 2014 at 9:39 am (2 years ago)

Love love love what you did with this table Jen – that stencil is gorgeous! I agree re: Bullseye 123 Primer, I won’t use anything else. Love that your Mom scouts out thrifty furniture for you, my husband does the same for me and it’s awesome! Look forward to this series each month – you are a talented group of gals!

8. Andrea
    September 26, 2014 at 5:06 pm (2 years ago)

That is beautiful!

9. Beth
    September 27, 2014 at 10:48 am (2 years ago)

Jen this looks s much better. Much richer and and classy. Great job! Beth

10. Wendi @ H2OBungalow
    September 27, 2014 at 4:54 pm (2 years ago)

Great choice for a two toned piece! Such a pretty table and I love how unique it is. The stencil was a pefect finishing touch 🙂 Lucky you having a mom who looks out for super deals for you to make over too…OX -Wendi
    Wendi @ H2OBungalow recently posted…Mid Century Coffee Table MakeoverMy Profile

11. Amy @ StowandTellu
    September 28, 2014 at 7:54 am (2 years ago)

Stunning makeover and very unique! Helpful tip on using the primer first, too.

September 28, 2014 at 10:04 am (2 years ago)

Thank you Amy! Have a beautiful Sunday 🙂

12. Liz
    September 28, 2014 at 8:54 pm (2 years ago)

Love it!!!! It’s inspiring me to update my furniture. Did you use the metallic top coat over the chalk white paint also?

September 28, 2014 at 10:13 pm (2 years ago)

Liz, thank you! 🙂 Yes, I used MasterClear over all of it. I didn’t want to wax everything and lose some of the metallic shine – and I thought about waxing over the white before I stenciled, and then doing the MasterClear on top at the end. Finally I just crossed my fingers – and it really turned out great! I have heard of people using other protectants besides wax over Chalk Paint® and they seem to like it. If it weren’t for the metallic paint, I would’ve just used wax though – it has such a durable finish once it cures.

• Liz
        September 29, 2014 at 4:03 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for the info!! I’m going to buy my paints soon.

13. Deana
    October 1, 2014 at 10:28 pm (2 years ago)

Beautiful!! I love Modern Metallic paint. You did a great job.
    Deana recently posted…Busy, busy, busy!!My Profile

November 17, 2014 at 8:48 am (2 years ago)

Thank you so much Christy!! 🙂

14. Carol a.
    February 14, 2015 at 6:16 pm (1 year ago)

Jen….I recently discovered your website via Pinterest. What an inspiration you are and thanks for all the tips that you offer on your site. I just recently decided to “flip furniture” and I can’t wait to get started now.

February 18, 2015 at 11:02 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks so much Carol – good luck with your new obsession! 🙂

15. Linda
    July 6, 2015 at 2:05 pm (1 year ago)

My husband and I really like the gold paint. Did you only use the one 6oz bottle?

Found this via Pinterest. It has inspired me to resume crafting, which has taken a back seat to quilting the last year or so. 🙂

July 9, 2015 at 12:19 am (1 year ago)

Linda – Yes, just the small bottle. Even after the couple coats that I painted on this table, I didn’t even use the entire bottle. 🙂

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Gold and White Stenciled Table {Themed Makeover}

1. […] you remember the glamorous gold and white stenciled table I painted a couple weeks ago?  Well my hubby (who usually complains about all my furniture around […]

2. […] Gold and White Stenciled Table at Girl in the Garage […]