Victorian Cottage Home Decor

Victorian Home Decor.  Girl in the Garage

This weekend we traveled a couple hours to visit my in-laws for a few days.  We always have a great time with them; one big happy family just hanging out, eating good food, putting together puzzles, and playing cards.  And the boys LOVE seeing their grandparents, aunts and uncle, and their cousins whom they don’t get to play with very often.  Another reason why I like visiting (although I have to keep an extra eye on my boys so they don’t get too rambunctious) is looking at all of my mother-in-law’s Victorian cottage-style decor.  Step inside their house and you’re practically transported to a bygone era of simpler times; treasures are abundant wherever you look.  She has amassed a collection worthy of any antique gallery.  With her permission I’m sharing a few photos of some of her decor with you today; I hope you find it as lovely as I do!  (Please forgive me for the picture quality- I left my camera at home so I had to use my cell phone.)Victorian Home Decor.  Girl in the Garage

Victorian Home Decor.  Girl in the Garage

Spring has decided to show up earlier there than where I live; I just love the color of this tree in their front yard.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my in-law’s Victorian home decor as much as I do, every time I visit!

Miss any of my recent posts?  Catch up here:

The Metallic Cube

Sponsor Love: Modjeska Designs & Kiyomi Designs

Upcycled Farmhouse Crate Table

Join the GITG Community

When you join this thriving online community of 75,000 creative souls, you'll be inspired to discover hidden artistic talents and learn skills to boldly face DIY projects with confidence.

You'll also receive my free guide "Just Paint It: 7 Tips for Transforming Furniture with Confidence."

Powered by ConvertKit

13 Comments on Victorian Cottage Home Decor

1. Tara @ Suburble
    April 29, 2013 at 10:08 am (6 years ago)

Okay – I LOVE that yellow towel rack that she has in the kitchen (that’s the kitchen, right?). And the busts of the women? Those are awesome!

Your mother-in-law has great style. It must be so much fun to visit! Although, I can understand why you’d have to reign in your boys. I’d be nervous with my little ones there as well! So many things to touch (and potentially break)!
    Tara @ Suburble recently posted…This is Me: A Self-Portrait ChallengeMy Profile

April 30, 2013 at 6:34 pm (6 years ago)

Yes, the towel rack is attached to the side of her kitchen island- and those aren’t even all of the busts! It really is a great collection!

2. Kristin
    April 29, 2013 at 11:37 am (6 years ago)

Love the sugar and tea containers! I tagged you in a post on my photography page. Hope that’s ok.
    Keep up the awesome work!
    K-

April 30, 2013 at 6:36 pm (6 years ago)

Me too! 🙂
      I couldn’t find the post on your photography page… are you complementing me for my awesome cell phone picture-taking skills? lol

3. Adrianne
    April 29, 2013 at 3:50 pm (6 years ago)

Oh, it’s gorgeous right down to the bathroom!! I think this is my favorite in-law post ever, LOL. And that tree IS amazing.
    Adrianne recently posted…DIY Twig BangleMy Profile

April 30, 2013 at 6:40 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks Adrianne! I love that bathroom too, they just redid it within the last year or so. Definitely dreamy. 🙂

4. Kirsten @ One Tough Mother
    April 30, 2013 at 10:22 am (6 years ago)

LOVE her style! Gorgeous! I love that it’s been put together over time, not just thrown together all at once. You can tell each piece was chosen with care. Thanks for sharing!
    Kirsten @ One Tough Mother recently posted…Tween Girl Bathroom RevealMy Profile

April 30, 2013 at 6:42 pm (6 years ago)

I agree Kirsten, it’s an amazing collection that has been accumulated over many years. Glad you enjoyed it!

5. Debbie-Dabble
    May 3, 2013 at 10:57 am (6 years ago)

I love your decor as I too am a Victorian at heart!! I have now liked you on facebook, subscribed for emails and added your blog to my blog roll!! I hope you will stop by and visit and consider following me too….

Hugs,
    Deb

6. Patti
    May 4, 2013 at 11:21 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Jen,
    This is my first time at your blog, came over from the hop. LOVE your MIL’s gorgeous home!
    From the first picture to the last I was hooked. Her head vase collection is amazing!
    We’d love to have you share at the linky party.
    Hugs,
    Patti

May 5, 2013 at 8:38 am (6 years ago)

Thank you Patti! I just stopped by your party. Thank you for inviting me over to share.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Victorian Cottage Home Decor