I searched all over for a cute photo of myself blowing out candles or opening presents as a kid, but they must all be packed away somewhere – so you’re stuck with this: 😉
In honor of my birthday I thought I’d get a little personal today and share 33 things you probably don’t know about me! Here goes…
- When I was little I went by Jenny, then when I got a little older I insisted on being called Jennifer, then there were like 3 Jennifers in all of my classes so I switched to Jen when I was in middle school.
- I won the 2nd grade spelling bee at my school, and I was on the spelling team all the way through 8th grade when I didn’t think it was “cool” anymore.
- When I was a kid I hated going with my mom to thrift stores and yard sales – I thought they were dirty and smelled. Now, I love them!
- I used to work at Nordstrom selling shoes, which is not good for a shoe addict! I have around 100 pairs of shoes, but I buy more of them at Target than Nordstrom lately. 😉
- In college I minored in Psychology, majored in Business Management, and have my MBA. I always wanted to be a successful businesswoman and never imagined I’d become a stay-at-home mom… but having kids changed my mind. Of course I’m kind of running a “business” now, but I can do so while being here for my kids also. It’s a win-win for me. (I do miss wearing my business suits sometimes though!)
- My husband and I have been married 8 years – we honeymooned in Maui and plan to go back for our 10th anniversary.
- My favorite color is red.
- I’m not a big fan of chocolate. Give me Lemonheads or Gummy Bears any day.
- I can’t stand the smell of coffee, and don’t drink it. I must have my orange juice every morning though!
- I went to San Diego on my college spring break and saw Lisa Loeb in concert. We met her afterward and got her autograph.
- I won’t watch anything scary, it creeps me out.
- I love the smell of a bonfire.
- Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice.
- I don’t eat any meat or seafood – just chicken and turkey. (Personal choice)
- I was a super shy kid and I’m still an introvert now. This blog helps me be more open. 🙂
- I failed my first driving test because I couldn’t parallel park. To this day I don’t like parallel parking!
- I’m not a big TV watcher. There are a few shows that my husband and I enjoy together, but otherwise I find TV to be a big distraction. I’d rather be doing something creative.
- I have been to six John Mayer concerts (in a span of about 4 years)… not for awhile though. I haven’t been much of a fan since he changed music styles a few years ago.
- Throughout middle school, high school, and college, I took 4 years of French classes. It was always a dream of mine to visit Paris and I finally got to go in 2008 and then again in 2013. (Read about last year’s Paris trip HERE.)
- I also studied Mandarin Chinese for one year.
- I love Wheel of Fortune, I watch it almost every day. My family keeps trying to get me to apply to be on the show.
- When I was a kid I had a big crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas from Home Improvement.
- My family teases me because they say I peel a banana from the “wrong end.”
- I taught myself how to sew in high school and made a few dresses and skirts for myself. I don’t make clothes anymore but I do sew other things – look for a pillow project here on Monday. 🙂
- I don’t consider myself an adventurous person, but I have been bungee jumping – and I kayaked in Jamaica last year. <3
- I’m a very loyal person, unless you cross me.
- My house is usually a mess… too many projects going on, and two little boys who can turn a room upside down in a matter of minutes.
- I don’t talk about my kids here often but they are the best part of my life! (Even though they drive me crazy a lot… haha)
- We have two dogs – Abby (Boxer) and Frenchie (Maltese). They’re seven years old and their birthdays are 3 weeks apart – we bought them at the same time because we’re both stubborn and each wanted to pick out our own dog.
- I rarely cook, because I don’t enjoy it. But give me a paintbrush any day…
- I hate being barefoot- I wear flip flops all the time in the house and it drives my hubby crazy.
- My first job was a sandwich artist at Subway.
- I love me some Colts football… (I’m watching the game as I’m writing this!) But I still love Peyton Manning too.
Dang! That was harder than I thought. Now that you know me a little better (hubs says I’m “quirky”) – leave me a comment and tell me something about you. 🙂 And then have a fabulous weekend – I know I will!
P.S. Over the next several weeks, my friends and I will each be featuring each other on our blogs… check this week’s featured bloggers below!
Join the GITG Community
When you join this thriving online community of 90,000 creative souls, you'll be inspired to discover hidden artistic talents and learn skills to boldly face DIY projects with confidence.
You'll also receive my free guide "Just Paint It: 7 Tips for Transforming Furniture with Confidence."