BLOGGING GOALS & RESOLUTIONS
Something that I’ve learned in blogging is that you have to be very flexible with your goals. I started this blog in the fall of 2012, so when I made goals at the beginning of 2013, I really had no idea what to shoot for. I met all of my goals within the first 3-4 months and then I set new goals, which I met within the next few months. Finally I set more goals for the end of the year and I made all of them except one. I even met my crazy “stretch goal” of reaching 5,000 Facebook followers!
Blogging success really depends on SO many factors, and you can only control so many of them and then the rest involves some luck. But it’s still a good idea to have goals and a plan to keep track of your progress and how far you’ve come along the way.
This year, my blogging goals are quite different – I’m not shooting for any specific numbers or statistics like I did last year, but other factors to measure my growth instead.
- Build a community with my followers
- Have consistent growth on my blog and social media
- Earn a steady monthly income through sponsored posts, ads, and furniture sales
- Do 2+ sponsored posts each month
- Build stronger relationships with other bloggers via support groups
- Improve my photography; be confident enough to shoot only in manual mode
- Be more organized and efficient with my time
As the year progresses I’m sure I’ll make some adjustments and even add more goals to that list. Are you a blogger; are your goals similar or different?
PERSONAL GOALS & RESOLUTIONS
I realize it’s a little intimate to share my personal goals and resolutions here, but this is part of building a stronger relationship you. I want us to get to know each other better and this is one way to start!
- Be more efficient/productive with my time (I’m excited to finish reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode)
- Start working out again, ideally 3+ times each week
- Be in bed by 11:30 at night, and wake up by 7:30
- Take a family vacation together (hopefully Disney)
- Pay off one car and at least two credit cards
- Keep the house more clean and organized on a daily basis
HOME PROJECTS I’D LIKE TO COMPLETE
- Kitchen backsplash
- Dining area- stenciled wall
- Antique dining set refinished and reupholstered (I’ve had it for a year and a half now)
- Desk/craft area
- Redecorate living room
- Decorate/organize the boys’ playroom
- Deck for the back yard and landscaping in the front
I’m sure I’ll think of more home projects throughout the year also. 😉
So what are your goals for this new year? I’d love to hear them!
Join the GITG Community
When you join this thriving online community of 90,000 creative souls, you'll be inspired to discover hidden artistic talents and learn skills to boldly face DIY projects with confidence.
You'll also receive my free guide "Just Paint It: 7 Tips for Transforming Furniture with Confidence."