Treasure Hunting 9

I must confess: I’ve been doing a lot more treasure hunting than actual furniture painting this winter.  After what I brought home these last few weeks, I’ve promised myself to stay off of Craigslist and Facebook sales groups for a while.  So if I have another Treasure Hunting post soon with furniture in it, please somebody reprimand me!   (Although I will be sharing a few client pieces next week that I’m going to be working on soon!)   😉

Here are my recent treasures:

Vintage thrift store buffet – I’m thinking Provence would be beautiful on this.

Here is an antique chair that I paid way more than I usually do, but it’s so unique and I love it!   The seat must’ve come off at some point and then was glued off center – should be easy to fix though.

Tresure Hunting 9: Unique treasures and fantastic furniture I've found while thrifting lately.  girlinthegarage.net Tresure Hunting 9: Unique treasures and fantastic furniture I've found while thrifting lately.  girlinthegarage.net

This dresser has so much potential.

I am so in love with this midcentury table for storing records!  I’m actually painting this one right now and I’ll share it next week.

This dresser is so solid and well-made.  I didn’t know until the deal was almost done that it was made by Henredon.  I don’t know much about them except that they’re going for a lot of money on eBay and etsy!  I haven’t decided what to do with it yet.

This suitcase is unlike any I’ve seen before.  It’s so shiny and has some wonderful patina.  I think I’m going to display it in my bedroom and also use it for staging furniture.

This little lantern was too cute to pass up.  I haven’t seen many in this color.

Finally, isn’t this mirror spectacular?!

I did not buy it (because of the $645 price tag – ouch) but I definitely have imagined it in my home many times since I first saw it.  <3

Tresure Hunting 9: Unique treasures and fantastic furniture I've found while thrifting lately.  girlinthegarage.netWhich of my finds is your favorite?

Have you found any amazing deals while treasure hunting lately?  I’d love to hear about them!

Tomorrow I’m posting about a wooden box that was in one of my treasure hunting posts a while back.  It got a bit of a French makeover and is a perfect place to store keepsakes.

Awesome Recent Posts:

*  Country Grey Chalk Paint Chair Makeover

*  15 Storage and Organization Ideas for Your Bathroom

*  French Grain Sack Table

14 Comments on Treasure Hunting 9

1. Lindsay Eidahl
    February 12, 2015 at 1:21 pm (3 years ago)

I wish I could find pieces like this. Our Craigslist and FB groups aren’t that great. I am itching for yard sales to start up again. I still have a couple months to wait, UGH! That dresser you picked up was my favorite!
    Lindsay Eidahl recently posted…Ninja Mega Kitchen System Giveaway!My Profile

2. Patricia Merry
    February 12, 2015 at 1:41 pm (3 years ago)

I am envying you for the suitcase. I used to have a few antique ones and let them go. Now I wish I hadn’t! You can’t go wrong with the colors on it, either, good old black and white. And the name inside with the address is so cute.

3. Kathy K.
    February 12, 2015 at 2:47 pm (3 years ago)

Jen,..What kind of wood is the Henredon? That is sooo cool!

4. Jolinda lampo
    February 12, 2015 at 3:14 pm (3 years ago)

Wow, you did good. I would have to choose the chair because I have a chair fetish. I just finished two Liar back chairs with Ann Sloan chalk paint. I did a light distress and waxed with clear and a bit of dark wax. Love them. This is the second set of chairs I have done this way. I was introduced to the chalk pain by you and LOVE it. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

5. nancy
    February 12, 2015 at 5:55 pm (3 years ago)

so want the suitcase!

6. Nikki
    February 12, 2015 at 5:58 pm (3 years ago)

Girl, you did good! Every single piece is fantastic. I’m so jealous as I’m working my way through all those bits that go into storage and never get pulled out because they’re boring/ugly/too much of a challenge. I absolutely need to clear some space right now though so I’ve imposed a buying ban… unless it’s really, really good LOL x
    Nikki recently posted…Crackle Glazing Ikea Hack – Part 2My Profile

7. Rita
    February 12, 2015 at 7:01 pm (3 years ago)

Absolutely love the tall chest of drawers; so many possibilities for a fabulous transformation!

8. Shanna Gilbert
    February 12, 2015 at 8:33 pm (3 years ago)

Awesome finds Jen! You must have a more patient husband than mine! Mine has cut me off until I have worked through what I already have lol!
    Shanna Gilbert recently posted…Valentine’s Day VignetteMy Profile

9. Anna-Mack Severn
    February 13, 2015 at 8:30 am (3 years ago)

Oh my gosh you’re a girl after my own heart! My garage is fast filling with thrifted furniture and mirrors and what my husband less-than-affectionately calls tchotchkes 🙂 I swear I have a plan for them all! That second chair is just incredible. Can’t wait to see what you do with all these goodies! Saying hi from the Miss Mustard Seed link up.

February 18, 2015 at 11:11 pm (3 years ago)

Haha… My garage was full a few months ago so I rented a storage unit – and now my garage is filling up again. 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by!

10. Jeanna
    February 14, 2015 at 1:10 pm (3 years ago)

The he renown piece is worth more untouched. We have one of their stores in the Seattle area– big $$$. That chest/ nightstand is heirloom quality. If you really want to give it a new look, stain not paint– Ralph Laurenn has similar pieces in his line, hardware should stay as is. The hard part for me to remember, what my personal taste is , dose not necessarily match what the market wants and will pay top dollar for– darn business economics . That’s my 2 cents– from a girl who is also on a cl diet!

February 18, 2015 at 11:09 pm (3 years ago)

I have to agree – it’s a gorgeous piece and I’m not going to paint it. Now I just have to decide if I want to keep it or sell it to someone else who values well-made furniture. 🙂

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Treasure Hunting 9