Blue Grain Sack Chair Makeover – Themed Furniture Makeover

Hi friend, it’s Themed Furniture Makeover Day!  This month my blogging friends and I are sharing chair makeovers.

Personally I like chair makeovers like this one because they can be pretty quick as long as there aren’t many repairs that have to be done.  Here’s the Before:

I’ve been so excited to use this grain sack fabric that I got on sale from Farmhouse Wares about a month ago.  Also I had the perfect blue in my stash from a Valspar Lowe’s paint sample – it’s called Indigo Cloth.

Paint, new fabric, clear wax – and we have a whole new look.

(You can read my in-depth tutorial HERE for how to do almost any kind of chair makeover.)

I just love the design on the back of the chair and I think it really pops now!

See how an outdated vintage chair got a French Country Chic makeover with new paint and grain sack fabric.  girlinthegarage.net See how an outdated vintage chair got a French Country Chic makeover with new paint and grain sack fabric.  girlinthegarage.net

I distressed the wood a little – it peeks through beautifully.

And here’s a handy before/after comparison for your enjoyment:

And yep, I totally did a French grain sack table makeover for last month’s TFMD.  I have a new crush on grain sack.  🙂

Now head over to my friends’ awesome chair makeovers below and be inspired!

Recent Posts and Makeovers:

*  Client Projects
*  Country Grey Chalk Paint Chair Makeover with Bird Fabric
*  Fleur de Lis Box

20 Comments on Blue Grain Sack Chair Makeover – Themed Furniture Makeover

1. Paula@SweetPea
    February 19, 2015 at 5:45 am (2 years ago)

You gave this chair the perfect makeover. I love the blue color you chose and how some of the wood tone peeks out from underneath the paint. The grain sack seat coordinates perfectly with your paint choice. This one is going to sell quickly in your shop!

How did you not get paint into the carving on the back of the seat? I like that look and when I find a similar piece would like to replicate your technique.
    Paula@SweetPea recently posted…Themed Furniture Day – Rocking Chair MakeoverMy Profile

2. Debbie
    February 19, 2015 at 7:59 am (2 years ago)

It’s Blue-ti-ful! Love every inch of it!
    Debbie

3. Melody
    February 19, 2015 at 8:56 am (2 years ago)

This is exactly that little chair needed to bring it back to life! Beautiful choice of color (one of my favs) and the fabric is perfect. Great job Jen!

4. Heather @ Viral Upcycle
    February 19, 2015 at 9:41 am (2 years ago)

Hi stopping by from Confessions.. I really love your makeover. The blue is beautiful and coordinates well with the grain sack fabric. It’s a stunning little chair.

5. Karin Chudy (ART IS BEAUTY)
    February 19, 2015 at 12:07 pm (2 years ago)

I am in LOVE with that blue color. Its so GORGEOUS!!
    Love the transformation.
    Hugs,
    Karin

6. Meegan
    February 19, 2015 at 12:41 pm (2 years ago)

You KNOW how much I love blue! This looks fabulous. The grainsack stripe adds just the right touch.
    Meegan recently posted…How To Repair a Rattan ChairMy Profile

7. Jolinda lampo
    February 19, 2015 at 2:29 pm (2 years ago)

it is so beautiful. What did you do to keep the paint out of the carved design? I did not see it in the tutorials.
    Thanks for sharing.

8. Hope WillIams
    February 19, 2015 at 2:41 pm (2 years ago)

WOW! Simply stunning! Love it finial to feet! ;-). (I know there’s no final!).

9. Rita
    February 20, 2015 at 1:29 pm (2 years ago)

Beautiful! I love the paint colour and details!

10. Jeanette
    February 23, 2015 at 9:44 am (2 years ago)

Jen, you took a chair most people would past over and turned it into perfection! We don’t have much blue in our home, but that blue chair would work in any room we have. Great job. Jeanette
    Jeanette recently posted…Rustic BoxMy Profile