Treasure Hunting 6: Fabulous Furniture

With snow in the forecast, the yard sale season is definitely over here.

So lately my treasure hunting has been restricted to mostly thrift stores and Craigslist (which can be expensive and I don’t always have good luck).  However this week it’s like I won the furniture lottery and I was blessed with some fabulous pieces at awesome prices!

I even did something yesterday that I should have done a long time ago… rented a storage unit.  Hopefully now we’ll be able to park a car in the garage this winter.

Here we go…

1.  Super awesome has-lots-of-potential bamboo chair

Treasure Hunting:  bamboo chair.   girlinthegarage.net

2.  Ugly duckling dresser

Treasure Hunting: plain dresser.   girlinthegarage.net

3.  Antique dresser  (Funny story:  My mom and I both contacted this lady through Craigslist – she was selling this dresser and also a vanity.  Well my mom ended up buying the vanity and I bought the dresser.)   🙂

Treasure Hunting: antique dresser.  girlinthegarage.net

4.  Small wood box

Treasure Hunting:  small wood box.  girlinthegarage.net

5.  Fabulous love-at-first-sight dresser  <3

Treasure Hunting: amazing vintage dresser.  girlinthegarage.net

6.  Antique table, also from the Craigslist lady who sold me the dresser

Treasure Hunting: antique table.  girlinthegarage.net

7.  Gorgeous love-at-first-sight china cabinet (which I intend to keep- I’ve never owned a china cabinet before)

Treasure Hunting: china cabinet.  girlinthegarage.net

Lastly – I did NOT buy this antique sofa but I almost did!  The fabric is stained but I think some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint would be the perfect solution.  I don’t even have a place for it in my house right now but I could put it in the storage unit until we buy another house (who knows when that will be, haha).  Would you have bought this sofa?  (It’s on sale for less than $200… which is still way way more than I usually pay for my furniture)

Treasure Hunting: antique sofa.   girlinthegarage.net

It reminds me of THIS gorgeous green Chalk Paint sofa that Shades of Blue Interiors painted.

So, what are your favorites above?  I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Recent Awesome Posts:

* October in Review

* Vintage Chair Makeover with Drop Cloth Seat

* Girl in Sunny San Diego

14 Comments on Treasure Hunting 6: Fabulous Furniture

1. Hannah
    November 6, 2014 at 10:55 am (3 years ago)

I want all of these pieces especially the top 4. So perfect

2. Carole H
    November 6, 2014 at 11:14 am (3 years ago)

I love everything you bought!!! The bamboo chair is very unique, I would love to find one like it. I also especially like the antique table…very cool! I love the sofa too but doubt if I would have bought it either. I always have wanted like it too! Great shopping!!

November 11, 2014 at 7:15 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Carole- I’m pretty excited about them too! 🙂

3. Jolinda lampo
    November 6, 2014 at 2:21 pm (3 years ago)

yes it would have bought it for that price and I LOVE THE GREEN SOFA WITH THE WALL DECOR BEHIND IT.

4. Lindsay Eidahl
    November 6, 2014 at 2:28 pm (3 years ago)

Yard sales are coming to an end here too. I hate that because I can usually find better deals at year sales than thrift stores. I am intrigued about the storage unit. I have thought about that before. Still thinking about it. I don’t have tons of “overage” in the garage right now and am actually selling things on Craigslist today so will have more space soon. A storage unit might be in the future some day. You found some great finds!
    Lindsay Eidahl recently posted…Silhouette Portrait GIVEAWAYMy Profile

November 11, 2014 at 7:12 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Lindsay! I’m so happy we got the storage unit – but sadly it is filling up quickly! I’m thinking I may need to sell a few pieces on CL that I’m not in love with anymore…

5. Pamela Schafer
    November 6, 2014 at 2:29 pm (3 years ago)

Yes!!! I would have bought that sofa! AND, although the green painted sofa is striking, the upholstery on this beauty could EASILY be salvaged with a little BIZ left to set on it a few days, or rubbing with a Fels-Naptha bar. No kidding! NEVER worry about something with a bit of a stain. That’s the easiest remedy of all ;). Hugs! — Pam

November 11, 2014 at 7:09 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much for the tips, Pam!

6. Mari
    November 6, 2014 at 4:32 pm (3 years ago)

I loved #’s 1,2,4, & 5. Can’t wait to see what you do with them love the share!

7. maree
    November 6, 2014 at 4:47 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Jen, I’m really curious about how the chalk paint wears on a couch like that…wouldn’t it crack or be stiff to sit on?
    Ps. Love all the furniture you do up.
    Maree from Australia:-)

November 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm (3 years ago)

Maree,
      So far I have only painted a leather chair with Chalk Paint but I have blogger friends who have painted fabric on chairs, and most of them say it holds up great! You can click the link at the end of the post to the green couch by Shades of Blue Interiors – or in this post I included links to the chairs my friends have done. Hope that helps – thank you! 🙂

8. julianne
    November 7, 2014 at 2:23 pm (3 years ago)

I love number 5, the dresser.
    Do we get to see the finished product?
    I cannot wait to see how wonderful the details look after being painted. : )
    Thanks Julie

November 11, 2014 at 7:03 pm (3 years ago)

Julianne, thank you! I will definitely share the finished makeovers once I get to each of them. 🙂