Table Makeover with French Advertisement (The Twin)

This week I finally finished the twin to the Table Makeover with French Perfume Graphic that I showed you guys two weeks ago.  I’m happy I have a pair that coordinates now, and these look perfect together!  (There’s a photo of both tables together at the bottom of this post.)

Here’s a reminder of the Before:

BEFORE: Table Makeover with French Advertisement Graphic (#2 in a set). girlinthegarage.net

I used the same gray Valspar paint and the same new hardware as the other table.

I chose a French advertisement graphic from The Graphics Fairy and printed it onto transparency paper, then used an overhead projector to trace the image onto the table.

Then I carefully went over all the lines with a Sharpie.

It was finished with Annie Sloan’s clear wax.

Here are the twins together if you’d like a visual (or if you want to Pin it!):   🙂

DIY French Graphic Table Makeovers - girlinthegarage.net

Again, you can go HERE to see the table on the right.

What do you think of the twins?

Click here for my free printable resource list: 11 Items to Always Buy While Thrifting

Recent Awesome Posts:
* Treasure Hunting 6: Fabulous Furniture
* Chalk Paint Chair Makeover with Drop Cloth Seat

20 Comments on Table Makeover with French Advertisement (The Twin)

1. julianne
    November 7, 2014 at 2:29 pm (3 years ago)

Fabulous job Jen…what a way to breath new life into these twin tables. Such an inspiration!!
    Love the idea of the graphics. Can’t wait to try it. Julie

November 11, 2014 at 7:03 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much! Let me know if you try it and how it turns out!

2. carol
    November 7, 2014 at 2:30 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Jen,
    Beautiful work! I have done a few tables similar to yours and I have a quick question. Can you sand the text done with the sharpie before you wax it? I tried it once and the coloring from the sharpie more or less smeared, or at least seemed to get into the white painted area. Actually, I used a sharpie oil paint pen. I find the black paint doesn’t wipe clean off the white paint when sanded. I have you tried distressing your text?

Thanks Jen,
    Again, these look really great!
    Carol

November 11, 2014 at 7:00 pm (3 years ago)

Carol,
      Thank you! I did not try distressing these tables because I used latex paint. However I did another French typography table earlier this year with Chalk Paint and I did lightly sand over the top of the words – the ink did rub off a little, so I ended up using some dark wax all over the table. Hope that helps!

3. Sherry Fram
    November 7, 2014 at 6:29 pm (3 years ago)

Love the tables! They look fantastic!

4. victoria
    November 7, 2014 at 7:38 pm (3 years ago)

Was wondering is that a regular sharpie marker or paint pen? I tried a paint pen and it smeared so easy.

November 11, 2014 at 6:52 pm (3 years ago)

Victoria, I used a regular Sharpie for these tables. I’ve tried the Sharpie paint markers a couple times – once it worked well, and once it didn’t. I let these sit for a while before lightly waxing.

5. Robyn
    November 7, 2014 at 8:31 pm (3 years ago)

They are so pretty!!!

6. Mary
    November 8, 2014 at 5:20 am (3 years ago)

These are great! I love anything with French on it. I may just have to go find me a new nightstand! Thanks for the inspiration!

7. Dixie Lee
    November 8, 2014 at 3:57 pm (3 years ago)

Tres tres chic! Fantastique! Merveilleuses~

8. Linda
    November 9, 2014 at 12:40 pm (3 years ago)

Love, love LOVE. Every time I see you do anything with a Parisian theme, it just reminds me that I need to work more and more on my Paris trip fund. Thank you so much.

November 11, 2014 at 6:47 pm (3 years ago)

Haha… thanks Linda! 🙂

9. lynn
    September 16, 2015 at 8:08 pm (2 years ago)

You did it perfect….I painted over my stencil even though I taped it, it still bled…..doesnt look bad but not what I wanted……..glad I saw your site…….
    Lynn

September 16, 2015 at 9:54 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you Lynn!

10. Heidi Ackley
    June 17, 2016 at 8:54 am (1 year ago)

I especially like your choice of the pull and the knobs! These really brought it to another level – beautiful!

June 23, 2016 at 9:55 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks so much, Heidi!

11. Gordon
    June 23, 2017 at 12:27 am (5 months ago)

loved it

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Table Makeover with French Advertisement (The Twin)

1. […] To see the other table {Table Makeover with French Advertisement} click HERE. […]

2. […] * Table Makeover with French Advertisement Graphic (The Twin) […]