Table Makeover with French Perfume Graphic {Themed Makeover}

Today is October’s Themed Furniture Makeover Day, and the theme is “Words and Letters.”

Every month, 15-20 of my friends and I all create a new furniture makeover with a different theme.  (See all of my past TFMD projects HERE.)

It’s a lot of fun, and sometimes we have to push ourselves out of our comfort zones.

Here’s the Before of my table makeover:

BEFORE: Vintage table makeover with French perfume graphic {Themed Furniture Makeover Day}. Also see 15 more "Words and Letters" themed furniture makeovers! girlinthegarage.net

I’m not sure what decade this table is from (1960s?), but the Leick Furniture Company was founded in 1910 and is still in business today.

I painted it in the same grayish latex paint that I used on my distressed stenciled round table a couple weeks ago.

Next I found the perfect French graphic from The Graphics Fairy and printed it onto transparency paper.

Then I used my overhead projector and traced everything with a pencil onto the top of the table (which is pretty hard to do without bumping it halfway through… *ahem*).

Then I took turns using three different Sharpies to go over the pencil.

It took a little while.   😉

Finally I erased any pencil lines that were still showing, protected it all with clear wax, and updated the hardware.

Vintage table makeover with French perfume graphic {Themed Furniture Makeover Day}. Also see 15 more "Words and Letters" themed furniture makeovers! girlinthegarage.net Vintage table makeover with French perfume graphic {Themed Furniture Makeover Day}. Also see 15 more "Words and Letters" themed furniture makeovers! girlinthegarage.net

You can find my tutorial where I painted these glass bottles HERE – they’re one of my favorite non-furniture DIY projects.

I think this table looks so much more chic now!

Wait… there’s a surprise…

This table has a twin!

To see the other table {Table Makeover with French Advertisement} click HERE.

DIY French Graphic Table Makeovers - girlinthegarage.net

You can also find 23 more French themed DIY projects HERE.

Don’t forget to visit my friends’ themed furniture makeovers below!

Click here for my free printable resource list: 11 Items to Always Buy While Thrifting

24 Comments on Table Makeover with French Perfume Graphic {Themed Makeover}

1. Beth
    October 23, 2014 at 8:12 am (3 years ago)

Wow Jen! I love how it turned out. Most people wouldn’t have even given that table a second look! You did a beautiful job with this.
    Beth recently posted…Annie Sloan Old White BedMy Profile

2. Jolinda lampo
    October 23, 2014 at 1:16 pm (3 years ago)

That is a very nice piece of furniture. Love what you did and the changes it made are beautiful.

3. Robyn
    October 23, 2014 at 1:36 pm (3 years ago)

Great job!! I LOVE IT!!!

4. Breanna
    October 23, 2014 at 1:37 pm (3 years ago)

This turned out great! I guess French stencils were a popular choice for this month’s theme 🙂 Love the new hardware and can’t wait to see what you do to the other one!
    Breanna recently posted…French Script Two Toned End TablesMy Profile

5. Paula@SweetPea
    October 23, 2014 at 1:57 pm (3 years ago)

So pretty! I love this table’s design and the paint color that you used. The french graphic on top is the icing on the cake! Beautiful makeover!

6. Susan
    October 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm (3 years ago)

Fantastic!! It looks great.

7. Jeanette
    October 23, 2014 at 7:36 pm (3 years ago)

Very pretty! I like the color and the script looks great with the color of the hardware. Great little table! Jeanette
    Jeanette recently posted…Funky seat for my hineyMy Profile

8. Meegan
    October 23, 2014 at 9:16 pm (3 years ago)

What a lovely transformation Jen. The gray is just the right softness for the table style. Thanks for sharing your great work. Happily pinning 🙂
    Meegan recently posted…Themed Furniture Makeover DayMy Profile

9. Wendi @ H2OBungalow
    October 25, 2014 at 7:26 am (3 years ago)

So Pretty! I love your choice of graphics. Changing the hardware out made such a big difference too!

10. Dixie Lee
    October 27, 2014 at 2:33 am (3 years ago)

One of your top 5 efforts, I think. Beautiful. Maybe a florist advert for the top of the other table?

11. Tami Michel
    October 27, 2014 at 6:54 pm (3 years ago)

Jen, beautiful little table, I can’t wait to see what you do with the twin! I am searching high and low for an overhead projector (at a reasonable price). So far no such luck!
    Have a great week!
    ~Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami Michel recently posted…Themed Furniture Makeover: Words and Letters!My Profile

October 28, 2014 at 10:08 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you, Tami! I searched for a long time for my projector also- finally one of my mom’s teacher friends got me an old one from her school. 🙂

12. Krista
    December 13, 2015 at 10:20 am (1 year ago)

Amazon has these french designs in a stencil that is,way quicker , easier to do

December 13, 2015 at 2:50 pm (1 year ago)

I have a few of those stencils, but they’re not as large. Also I wanted to use a different type of graphic that’s not so common.

13. deb
    February 23, 2016 at 10:27 am (1 year ago)

I love it! I wonder if using a spray sealer would mess up/dissolve the sharpy ink? I guess wax is the best way to go

February 23, 2016 at 11:32 am (1 year ago)

I waited a day or two for the ink to set, and then waxed carefully in thin coats. I applied 2-3 light coats on the table top, waiting about a day between each. I’d be worried that a spray might make the ink run or smudge. Hope that helps!

14. Kendra
    April 23, 2017 at 10:44 pm (4 weeks ago)

I’m sure it sounds like a stupid question (lo) but I’m wondering how you used the overhead projector. Don’t they project onto a wall? How did you get it to project downward? Or did you lay the table on it’s side?

April 26, 2017 at 9:56 pm (4 weeks ago)

Not a stupid question at all. 🙂 I laid the table on its front side. The projector is still facing straight ahead like usual.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Table Makeover with French Perfume Graphic {Themed Makeover}

1. […] week I finally finished the twin to the Table Makeover with French Perfume Graphic that I showed you guys two weeks ago.  I’m happy I have a pair that coordinates now, and […]