Treasure Hunting

This weekend there was a huge indoor yard sale at our county fairgrounds.  Twice each year 100+ people rent spaces and bring in their lovely, weird, wacky, and wonderful items to sell to treasure hunters (or junk hoarders) like me.  I thought it would be fun to show you some of the things I saw (and bought) – like you were there with me!  😉

Since I didn’t bring my big camera with me, these are cell phone pics (as you can tell by the fuzziness!) –

Treasure Hunting.  girlinthegarage.net - Some of the vintage items I saw while thrifting this weekend! Treasure Hunting.  girlinthegarage.net - Some of the vintage items I saw while thrifting this weekend! Treasure Hunting.  girlinthegarage.net - Some of the vintage items I saw while thrifting this weekend! Treasure Hunting.  girlinthegarage.net - Some of the vintage items I saw while thrifting this weekend! Treasure Hunting.  girlinthegarage.net - Some of the vintage items I saw while thrifting this weekend! Treasure Hunting.  girlinthegarage.net - Some of the vintage items I saw while thrifting this weekend! Treasure Hunting.  girlinthegarage.net - Some of the vintage items I saw while thrifting this weekend!

And below are the lovelies that I bought!  Since I’m always looking for unique items for my booth, I usually buy whatever I fall in love with (if I can get it at a decent price).  Sometimes once I get it home though, I have a hard time parting with it!

I am madly in love with this table… and I am always on the lookout for colored glass.

I love the colors in this vase – and it’s about 18 inches tall!

This old camera just oozes coolness.  And the box below it will look cool once I paint it.  😉

This vintage cake plate is so whimsical.  I don’t even bake, but I might be tempted to keep it anyway.

I shared this Fisher Price camera on my Facebook page this weekend – I had one as a child so I just HAD to buy it for my boys.  (Plus they’ve come to expect a “new” toy whenever I tell them I’m going to yard sales… *sigh*)

And of course I bought the mirror.  You can’t beat $3.00!  It will look gorgeous painted.

This chair and the table above are probably my favorite scores.  Of course the chair needs a ton of work and I haven’t quite decided what I’m going to do with it yet.  It’s missing a small piece from the top and that leather is in terrible condition – but the carvings and the square tacks stole my heart!

So how did I do?

Is there anything I bought that you would’ve bought – or anything you would’ve passed on?

Let me know, I’d love to hear your thoughts!

15 Comments on Treasure Hunting

1. ANNE F
    April 14, 2014 at 2:37 pm (4 years ago)

Love both the box and the camera! The pulls on the box are so different, and very cool. Great scores!!!

April 14, 2014 at 3:09 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Sarah! The frame around the mirror is actually a thick plastic, not real wood. I’m guessing that’s why it was so inexpensive. I still think it will be beautiful painted though! And no one has to know it’s not real wood unless they actually touch it. 😉

2. Bonnie
    April 14, 2014 at 5:51 pm (4 years ago)

Looks like the piece missing on your chair is a wooden dresser knob. Can’t wait to see what you do with it, and hope you will show us, when you have it completed. All the goodies you bought are great! What a fun treasure hunt.

3. Kim
    April 14, 2014 at 7:14 pm (4 years ago)

Love the table and camera

4. Leena Lanteigne
    April 14, 2014 at 11:28 pm (4 years ago)

You found some beautiful items! Some great Gothic looking pieces and the colored glass is always a favorite! I love big flea markets like that! You never know what you’re going to find! Hugs, Leena
    Leena Lanteigne recently posted…Pink Bling!My Profile

5. Dixie Lee
    April 15, 2014 at 4:26 am (4 years ago)

I’d try some saddle soap on that leather and see if it comes back to life….unless it’s really ripped.

6. Birgitta
    April 15, 2014 at 6:50 am (4 years ago)

I love the mirror……just duong to see it painted! And the chair, you have to have the eues that can see. How it woll turn out once painted and with same mice old french towelcöoth on for ex.!!!
    Birgitta recently posted…c´était vite fait…..My Profile

7. Debbie
    April 15, 2014 at 4:57 pm (4 years ago)

I’m can’t wait to see the mirror and chair upcycled. Cute fines.

8. Sharon Hines
    May 25, 2014 at 11:35 pm (3 years ago)

What great treasures! Several of the pictures remind of the things in my grandmother’s home. She recently passed and we’ve been going through her things, emptying her house and getting it ready to sell. I’ve brought home quiet a few keepsakes.

I love that chair and can see why it got your attention!
    Sharon Hines recently posted…summer fun: an at home spa dayMy Profile

May 28, 2014 at 10:17 pm (3 years ago)

Sharon, I’m sorry to hear of your grandmother’s passing. I know you will treasure the keepsakes you brought home!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Treasure Hunting

1. […] the “before” if you remember this box from my treasure hunting post last […]