Mother’s Day Gift: Photo Canvas Art

Hi friends!  April has been a whirlwind month for us with the boys’ birthdays, Easter, and also traveling to visit my in-laws for a few days.  Has this been a busy month for you too?  May will be here before we know it – and most importantly, Mother’s Day.

Photo canvas art: Perfect gift for Mother's Day or any occasion.

How much thought do you usually put into buying a gift for your mother, the woman who carried you in her belly for 9 months without any complaints (ha!), birthed you, and raised you through your rebellious teenage years into the (hopefully) respectful and responsible human being you are today?  😉

My mom collects watches so I usually buy her a pretty watch or take her out for a mani/pedi with me.  Those are things she appreciates but aren’t very personal or sentimental, am I right?  So this year I decided to step it up.

Photo canvas art: Perfect gift for Mother's Day or any occasion.

What does every mother or grandmother cherish more than anything else in this world?  The people in their lives.  And usually the “little people” (children and grandchildren) are at the top of that list.  My boys have such a strong bond with their “nana” and they adore her!

Here’s a pic of us from a couple years ago:  (Note to self: Must take more photos together!)

So I designed a photo canvas for my mom with pictures of my sweet boys.

Photo canvas art: Perfect gift for Mother's Day or any occasion.

I went to the Tiny Prints website and it was so easy to choose a design and upload my photos.  A couple weeks ago after church I managed to get the boys to sit still for a few minutes and I took a bunch of pictures- some serious, some cute, and some just silly!  I had trouble picking my favorite so that’s why I chose the collage design, but there are lots of canvas options to choose from.

Photo canvas art: Perfect gift for Mother's Day or any occasion.

This is an 8×10 ready-to-hang canvas, and the photo slightly overlaps onto the edges.  The corners are neatly tucked under and it’s a great quality piece that I’m sure my mother will cherish for a very long time!  Children grow so quickly and it’s nice to have a keepsake like this to remember when they were so sweet and innocent (ha).

Photo canvas art: Perfect gift for Mother's Day or any occasion.

So, have you decided what you’re getting your mom for Mother’s Day yet?

I may also schedule a mani/pedi for us!

{You can check out all the gift options HERE at Tiny Prints} – also get 25% off thru 4/28/14!

Recent Awesome Posts:

* Nailhead Vanity Makeover and Annie Sloan Brush Review

* Style Files: 20 Ways to Rock a Maxi Skirt

17 Comments on Mother’s Day Gift: Photo Canvas Art

1. Wendi @ H2OBungalow
    April 25, 2014 at 7:50 am (2 years ago)

Such a good idea, with digital cameras we never seem to print photos anymore which means I rarely have up to date family pics. Your family pic with your Mom is look a lot like her:)
    Wendi @ H2OBungalow recently posted…Mothers Day Planter GiftMy Profile

• Jen, girl in the Garage
      April 25, 2014 at 1:59 pm (2 years ago)

That is so true Wendi! I often leave so many photos on my phone or laptop and rarely print them. It would be awesome to make a gallery wall and add a new family photo canvas every 1-2 years. :) And thanks, my mom is very special!
      Jen, girl in the Garage recently posted…Mother’s Day Gift: Photo Canvas ArtMy Profile

2. Melanie
    April 25, 2014 at 8:56 am (2 years ago)

We love Tiny Prints! They have such a great selection.

3. Dria
    April 25, 2014 at 2:13 pm (2 years ago)

This is such a beautiful keepsake and perfect idea I love it!!

4. Nancy
    April 25, 2014 at 2:35 pm (2 years ago)

Jen, Your Mom is going to Love this Gift!! I know I would!

Thanks for sharing Tiny Prints with us~

Huggs, Nancy

5. Meegan
    April 25, 2014 at 3:14 pm (2 years ago)

Very impressive! Your mom will be so excited! I love this whole idea. I hope to get around to make my own. I love the quality.
    Meegan recently posted…Thrifting with MeeganMy Profile

6. Sharon Hines
    April 25, 2014 at 3:38 pm (2 years ago)

You look so much like your mom! And mom Mom is Nana too. Whatever fun grandmother name they choose to go by, you’re so right about all Mom’s loving pictures of children and grandchildren. We surprised my parents YEARS ago with a family protrait…that was right before our family exploded and we are so overdue for a new one.

I love that you were able to create a collage on canvas. It turned out really nice!
    Sharon Hines recently posted…fun memories and the futureMy Profile

April 26, 2014 at 2:21 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you so much Victoria! :)

7. Jeanette
    April 26, 2014 at 10:14 am (2 years ago)

Great idea! I love it. Photos are the best gifts for mom. Now we know where you get your lovely looks! ~Jeanette
    Jeanette recently posted…Sunset Sounds and Wine AuctionMy Profile