Aubusson Blue Demilune Table

My husband says I paint everything white.  Well not everything, but I do tend to stick with neutrals most of the time.  And if you read my March in Review post, I promised to use more color this month.  Are you happy now, honey?   😉

I bought this gorgeous Aubusson Blue paint from my local Annie Sloan Chalk Paint retailer about a month ago and I’ve been dying to try it on something with a lot of beautiful details.

This small demilune table was the perfect piece to paint.  The details were definitely stunning, but the finish was lacking anything special.  The only part of it that wasn’t scratched or discolored was the inlaid pattern on top.

BEFORE: Vintage demilune table makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Aubusson Blue.  girlinthegarage.net

So I painted everything else except it!  The pattern adds character and I’m glad it wasn’t in bad condition.

Isn’t Aubusson so striking?

I added a coat of Annie Sloan’s clear wax as a protectant.

Do you usually stick to neutrals like me, or are you more bold with your color?

(Stay tuned for more white and cream makeovers next week!)   😉

Recent Awesome Posts:

* Treasure Hunting

* Review and Tips for Using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

* How Many Pieces Can I Paint with One Can of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint?

Don’t forget to enter the $500 cash giveaway HERE through 4/22/14!

11 Comments on Aubusson Blue Demilune Table

1. Breanna
    April 16, 2014 at 2:02 pm (4 years ago)

Great color! I do a lot of pieces for other people so I let myself experiment with color but neutrals are a solid go to! Love that you left that pattern on top 🙂
    Breanna recently posted…Whimsical WatercolorsMy Profile

2. Lindsay Eidahl
    April 16, 2014 at 2:05 pm (4 years ago)

Love the blue color and I love that you left the pattern!

3. Crystal
    April 16, 2014 at 2:24 pm (4 years ago)

Beautiful! I love, love, love the color!! Great job!! By the way, my husband and daughter both say that I love to paint everything…most of the time, they are absolutely spot on 🙂

4. Wendy
    April 16, 2014 at 2:37 pm (4 years ago)

Too funny. My husband says that I paint everything blue. Well, not really, but I do use a lot of blue in my decorating. I’ve been toying with the idea of painting our dining room table. It has the most fabulous clawfoot pedestal, but the top is badly scratched and I just hate the dark oak color. I could see sanding and restaining the top, but it would be such a pain to do the base. I think you just found the perfect color for the base of my table. I thank you….not sure that hubby will 😉

5. Beth
    April 16, 2014 at 3:36 pm (4 years ago)

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

6. Sheila
    April 16, 2014 at 4:21 pm (4 years ago)

Oh, what a beautiful blue !!! The table you chose to paint is full of character and shows off the paint perfectly. Well done girl !!!

Sheila

7. Debbie
    April 16, 2014 at 4:42 pm (4 years ago)

Love the inlaid pattern and the blue is cute. I wonder if a brown glaze would have brought out the details in the wood and help tie in the wood inlaid pattern. Nice job and very cute.

8. Emily
    April 28, 2014 at 12:59 pm (4 years ago)

I love the result, the fact that you kept the little detailing on the top is great. Something I would not have thought about. I too am guilty of wanting to paint something white, or turquoise is my other go to color. Great job on the table, it is so cute
    Emily recently posted…small reveal part 1My Profile

April 29, 2014 at 9:53 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Deana! That chair was a HomeGoods splurge several years ago. 😉