Hi friends!  Today is the start of the Easter Crafts and Decor Showcase.  Over the next five days, twenty of your favorite bloggers will share Easter-themed posts for your inspiration.  Enjoy!

When I was browsing the Ballard Designs website a few weeks ago for inspiration for the Rock Your Knockoff Tour, I saw the perfect Easter project.  I chose something else for my knockoff but I still planned to make this project because I knew I could recreate it for much less than the BD price.  I saved this image onto my laptop, but unfortunately now I can’t find the ornaments on their website.  BOO.

I ended up making an Easter egg garland instead of ornaments.  Here’s how I made it:

Then I ran a jute string through the holes that were already on top of the eggs and hung it on my hutch.  It’s all decked out for Easter and spring, although the rest of my living room and kitchen will be filled with superhero decor for my boys’ birthday party this weekend!

Easter Egg Garland inspired by Ballard Designs {Easter Craft and Decor Showcase} - girlinthegarage.net Easter Egg Garland inspired by Ballard Designs {Easter Craft and Decor Showcase} - girlinthegarage.net Easter Egg Garland inspired by Ballard Designs {Easter Craft and Decor Showcase} - girlinthegarage.net

I bought the sequin bunny from the dollar section at Target last year.

These are the embellished eggs and nest I made last spring.

In the background you can also see my decoupaged tray with vintage French flower seed labels.

Do you decorate for Easter?

Be sure to visit my friends below – four new links will added be daily, with 20 total by the end of the week!

Easter Crafts and Decor Showcase: 20 Blogs, March 31-April 4, 2014.

27 Comments on Easter Egg Garland Inspired by Ballard Designs {Easter Craft and Decor Showcase}

1. Meegan
    March 31, 2014 at 9:01 am (3 years ago)

Oh so cute! I really like your garland. I thing I need one. Pinned 🙂

2. Wendi @ H2OBungalow
    March 31, 2014 at 9:38 am (3 years ago)

Your knock off rocks Jen! So creative! You’ve got me digging out my colored eggs to paint and string them…love them on a garland 🙂
    Wendi @ H2OBungalow recently posted…Labeled Herb PlantersMy Profile

3. Shanna Gilbert
    March 31, 2014 at 11:18 am (3 years ago)

This is simple yet perfect Jen! I love your whole Easter vignette! Great job!
    Shanna Gilbert recently posted…Pampering Our KittenMy Profile

March 31, 2014 at 3:18 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much Shanna! Can’t wait to see your Easter post tomorrow! 🙂

4. Jeanette
    March 31, 2014 at 1:04 pm (3 years ago)

So sweet and so simple! Love the garland. Sharing! ~Jeanette
    Jeanette recently posted…Chalkboard EaselMy Profile

5. Paula@SweetPea
    March 31, 2014 at 5:25 pm (3 years ago)

This is absolutely adorable! I love both your garland and your Easter vignette. I know you will receive lots and lots of compliments on this!
    Paula@SweetPea recently posted…No Bake Energy BitesMy Profile

March 31, 2014 at 10:50 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you so much Paula! I’m excited to see your Easter post tomorrow! 🙂

March 31, 2014 at 10:49 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you Maggie- I appreciate it!

6. Karen Marie Kedzuch
    April 1, 2014 at 2:29 am (3 years ago)

Jen,
    I love the Garland you made from Chalk Paint and plastic fill eggs. You see the beauty in keeping it simple and celebrating life moments. Thank you for setting The Easter Crafts Decor Showcase up for all of us. I am happy to participate with such a talented group of people. Enjoy your Super Hero Party too.
    Thanks,
    Karen Marie Kedzuch
    Dragonfly & Lily Pads

April 1, 2014 at 11:34 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you Karen Marie! The tour has been so much fun so far, I’m so glad you joined us! I’m excited to see your post. 🙂 (And I really need to get started on making the decorations for the superhero party- nothing like the last minute! HA)

April 1, 2014 at 11:35 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you so much Jennifer! I love the way you decorate, so that compliment means a lot to me! 🙂

April 1, 2014 at 11:41 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you so much Michele! 🙂 I used to not decorate for spring, but it’s my favorite season so it makes sense to bring it inside too!

7. Mandy Hank
    April 3, 2014 at 2:56 pm (3 years ago)

Super cute garland! What a great idea!! Thank you so much for hosting the showcase, hope you have a wonderful week!

Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

P.S. Pinning!!
    Mandy Hank recently posted…Paper Carrot Easter BannerMy Profile

April 3, 2014 at 11:15 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you so much Mandy! Can’t wait to see your project tomorrow! 🙂

8. ARod
    April 7, 2014 at 8:30 am (3 years ago)

they look fabulous

9. Wendy
    March 14, 2016 at 3:54 pm (1 year ago)

So cute Jen!! However, I would LOVE to see your while cabinet that the garland is having on!! I’m having a horrible time trying to find something to put on a big open wall in my new kitchen, and this looks so fabulous!!! Thanx…Wendy

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Easter Egg Garland Inspired by Ballard Designs {Easter Craft and Decor Showcase}

1. […] Easter Egg Garland: I made this festive garland for the Easter Showcase that’s been going on all week. It looks so sweet on my hutch that I refurbished a couple years ago. […]