Crown Table Makeover

Crown Table Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. girlinthegarage.net

I’m not one who rushes into things.  I’m a thinker, an introvert, and often slow to make decisions.  And I fall in love easily… with old furniture that has a ton of potential.  That’s why I have about 15 pieces waiting on me (Kidding!  Or am I..?), and why this particular table has been waiting since before I even started blogging…

Before: Crown Table Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. girlinthegarage.net

The top was pretty dinged up.

Before: Crown Table Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. girlinthegarage.net

I sanded the top out and then painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® in Old White.  The rest is painted in ASCP in Paris Grey.

It distressed naturally when I sanded out a few of the bumps after painting, and it looked pretty good so I didn’t try to fix it.  😉

I added a vintage crown image to the top courtesy of The Graphics Fairy, then I finished it all with Annie Sloan clear wax.

Crown Table Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. girlinthegarage.net Crown Table Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. girlinthegarage.net

I’m glad I waited to paint this piece because I’m quite happy with how it turned out!

Is anyone else out there bad with decisions… or with falling in love too easily?

Other Awesome Posts:

*  Vanity Makeover and Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® Review

*  French Typography Table Makeover

*  DIY: T-Shirt into Infinity Scarf

14 Comments on Crown Table Makeover

• ina
      March 31, 2014 at 12:20 pm (3 years ago)

Could you attach the paper printout directly on the chalk paint? Please tell me how?

April 1, 2014 at 11:39 pm (3 years ago)

Hello Ina,
        I printed the image onto a sheet of plastic paper with an inkjet printer. Immediately after it was printed (while the ink was wet) I laid it onto the painted table and pressed/rubbed for several minutes. You can also do this with text but remember to reverse the image first before printing. Then when you remove the plastic paper you can wipe away the ink to reuse the plastic later. I hope that helps!

1. Kristin
    March 14, 2014 at 3:54 pm (3 years ago)

I love it! I too have many pieces sitting and waiting for me! My issue is time though!
    Kristin recently posted…Bedroom Wall GalleryMy Profile

March 16, 2014 at 1:47 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you Kristin! Yes, time is definitely always an issue for me too!

2. anne
    March 14, 2014 at 9:24 pm (3 years ago)

Very pretty! !

3. Crystal
    March 14, 2014 at 10:35 pm (3 years ago)

It’s beautiful!! I’m glad you waited because it turned out beautiful. I love the crown on the top of it. I fall easily in love with things too!!

4. Birgitta
    March 15, 2014 at 5:21 am (3 years ago)

I’m like you, just cannot resist old furniture, especially small ones! I think you made a beautiful makeover with tjis one, simple and elegant. I have tried the ASCP, but I can’t say i succeed too well…..

March 16, 2014 at 1:46 pm (3 years ago)

Merci beaucoup, Birgitta! ASCP is definitely not your average paint, it does take a little getting used to. I have written a few posts about it and there are also many videos on YouTube to teach people how to paint and wax with ASCP – or you could check if there are any retailers near you and possibly take a class. I hope that helps!

5. Bobbi Jo Voelker
    March 16, 2014 at 5:10 pm (3 years ago)

Turned out beautifully! Great job! as usual.

6. Julie
    March 30, 2014 at 5:21 pm (3 years ago)

Me too! Me too! I’m a girl in the garage. During the winter my family wishes is take all the projects I bring inside back out. Love your stuff.

March 30, 2014 at 11:26 pm (3 years ago)

Haha! I know what you mean. It’s always great to “meet” another garage girl! 🙂

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Crown Table Makeover

1. […] Check out the before photo…what an amazing difference, great job Jen!  You can view the full tutorial and so many more at Jen’s blog, Girl In The Garage, HERE! […]

2. […] incredible makeover from Jen at Girl in the Garage is this gorgeous Crown Table. Jen used the Transfer Printable – Vintage Crown with Cross to finish this gorgeous table […]