Pretty in Paisley {Romance Themed Furniture Makeover}

Hi friends!  I promise I’m fine and not buried under a huge pile of snow somewhere.  I took a few days off from blogging because of the Michaels Pinterest Party last weekend and because I’ve been working on a double furniture makeover for today.  What’s today?  It’s the themed furniture makeover day!  Kathy and I had so much fun last month with the Cowboys and Indians theme (remember my Tribal Table?) that we invited more friends to join us.

This month’s theme is Romance.  Think soft, feminine, pretty, maybe a bit glamorous.  Can furniture be romantic?  I definitely think so!

These tables were a recent Craigslist find which was a miracle because I’ve had terrible luck with Craigslist lately!  Why don’t people bother to respond when you contact them?  Or they’ll ask $500 for something that’s clearly worth $50.  GRRRR

I started by painting them in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.  It’s a great basic color (mostly white with a hint of cream) if you’re going to do some decorative painting over the piece.

Some Martha Stewart Crafts metallic gold paint and a feminine silkscreen stencil would be sure to set the mood for romance.  😉

I used a foam pouncer and squeezed some of the paint directly onto it, then pressed firmly onto the stencil.  Then I repeated 8-9 times on each table, stopping to clean the stencil often.  The pattern didn’t come through perfectly on every paisley swirl but I’m fine with that.

Lastly, I added some fabulous vintage-looking knobs from Hobby Lobby.

Pretty in Paisley {Romance Themed Furniture Makeover}: A pair of plain tables gets a soft and pretty update with Chalk Paint and stenciling.  Plus, take a peek at all the other projects for the themed furniture makeover day.  girlinthegarage.net Pretty in Paisley {Romance Themed Furniture Makeover}: A pair of plain tables gets a soft and pretty update with Chalk Paint and stenciling.  Plus, take a peek at all the other projects for the themed furniture makeover day.  girlinthegarage.net Pretty in Paisley {Romance Themed Furniture Makeover}: A pair of plain tables gets a soft and pretty update with Chalk Paint and stenciling.  Plus, take a peek at all the other projects for the themed furniture makeover day.  girlinthegarage.net

What do you think of the paisley?

Do my tables qualify as romantic?  I think so.   😉

~

Some of my friends are also sharing “romantic” furniture makeovers today- their sneak peeks are below.

Go check out their projects and tell them I sent ya!

* Petticoat Junktion*

* What Meegan Makes *

* Our Southern Home *

* Artsy Chicks Rule *

* Fresh Idea Studio *

23 Comments on Pretty in Paisley {Romance Themed Furniture Makeover}

1. Kathy, Petticoat Junktion
    February 19, 2014 at 11:54 am (3 years ago)

Jen, Really classy tables!! That is an awesome stencil. I have a couple of the Martha Stewart Silkscreen Stencils and I love them. The gold and white works so well together. I love all our projects!!!
    Kathy, Petticoat Junktion recently posted…Vintage Vanity Chair Rocks It In RedMy Profile

2. Meegan
    February 19, 2014 at 12:45 pm (3 years ago)

Oh my goodness! Your tables are gorgeous! I am loving the paisley! What a terrific idea. You REALLY are SO talented Jen!
    Pinned 🙂

3. Susan
    February 19, 2014 at 2:31 pm (3 years ago)

Absolutely beautiful!!! They look great!!

4. Kathleen
    February 19, 2014 at 2:44 pm (3 years ago)

They turned out great Jen! Paisley is my favorite design. It’s all over my house and my craft room – well the one I used to have.
    Kathleen recently posted…Walls and Set BacksMy Profile

5. Crystal
    February 19, 2014 at 4:56 pm (3 years ago)

So romantic! I love the paisley print. Love it 🙂

6. Amy @ StowandTellU
    February 19, 2014 at 7:17 pm (3 years ago)

Oh yes, furniture can be romantic! Your paisley tables are stunning. The gold on Old White, the drawer pulls bring it all together beautifully.
    Amy @ StowandTellU recently posted…Feeling Green Beaded BottlesMy Profile

7. Laurie@ Vin'yet Etc.
    February 20, 2014 at 7:51 am (3 years ago)

LOVE it, it’s very romantic and so sweet! Pinned. xo
    Laurie@ Vin’yet Etc. recently posted…GratitudeMy Profile

February 20, 2014 at 10:09 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you Clydia! They’re from Hobby Lobby. If you go look for them, be sure to buy them when they’re 50% off! 🙂

February 22, 2014 at 11:09 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Christy! They didn’t all come out perfectly, but I’m ok with that. I like working with craft paint for stenciling because it seems to be a little thicker and easier to control.

8. Denise and Lesley
    March 17, 2014 at 9:39 pm (3 years ago)

Jen, these are sooo pretty! We LOVE the name of your blog!

Denise and Lesley!

March 18, 2014 at 2:17 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much ladies! Glad to have you visiting! 🙂

9. JaneEllen
    July 28, 2014 at 9:27 pm (3 years ago)

You have turned me into a paisley lover. Haven’t been too crazy about it before but the way you did tops of tables is gorgeous in the gold. They looked like really nice tables before you painted them but they are superb now. And the knobs you chose are perfect for the tables, really sets them apart, such a gorgeous job you did. I’m loving everything I’m seeing on your blog.
    Pinning this post

5Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Pretty in Paisley {Romance Themed Furniture Makeover}

1. […] from Girl In the Garage went all out with this pair…Pretty in […]

2. […] Jen from Girl in the Garage […]

3. […] Red is my favorite color so I love what you did with the chair! I sometimes see similar low-back chairs on Craigslist and have wondered how they would look refinished. I also like the added touch with the nightie. Jen @ Girl in the Garage recently posted…Pretty in Paisley {Romance Themed Furniture Makeover} […]

4. […] 14.  Pretty in Paisley – Girl in the Garage […]