Fall Banner & Mantel

Hi friends!  Since it’s been dipping into the 60’s and even 50’s here in Indiana, I’ve been really getting in the mood for fall.  This weekend I made an easy burlap banner and finished decorating my mantel to make the house a little more festive.

Banner Supplies:

• Felt stickers from the $1 section at Target (used 15 stickers from 2 of the packs)
  • Leftover burlap from my French Bench Makeover
  • Jute cord
  • I did not end up using the Mod Podge since the stickers were much stickier than I thought!

First I cut 15 small triangles out of the burlap (3.5″ wide).  Then I removed the paper backing and put a sticker in the enter of each.

Lastly I ran the sewing machine directly over the jute cord about a half inch below the top of the triangles.  If you don’t have a sewing machine you could use a hot glue gun or Mod Podge.

That’s all it took – super easy, right?

It adds just the right touch to my fall mantel display.  (The “wreath” is actually a lightweight centerpiece.)

I also used the same burlap (and some Martha Stewart lace) when I made candle wraps in this post.

Are you in the mood for fall, or are you clinging to summer?

You can also see how I made a no-sew fall runner HERE.

Miss any of my recent posts?  Catch up here:

Sunshine Table Makeover & HomeRight Paint Sprayer Review

Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll – Sneak Peek

9 Things I’ve Learned in My First Year of Blogging

28 Comments on Fall Banner & Mantel

1. bj
    September 16, 2013 at 1:28 pm (4 years ago)

love these…that banner is adorable.
    over from DebbieDoos

2. Jamie Koenig
    September 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm (4 years ago)

Love the banner and the candle. Wish I had a mantle instead i’ll just have to settle with decorating my front door like a crazy person. 😉
    Jamie Koenig recently posted…Fall Boots & CenterpiecesMy Profile

3. ChiWei
    September 16, 2013 at 7:01 pm (4 years ago)

Cute, and looks so easy! I love the printed burlap too!

4. Kathe
    September 17, 2013 at 9:14 am (4 years ago)

Love the banner! Love your whole fall mantel. I need to get mine going soon or it will be time for a winter mantle LOL!
    Kathe recently posted…You’re Gonna Love It – Week 71My Profile

September 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks, Cindy! It IS super easy! 🙂

5. Michelle
    September 18, 2013 at 1:21 pm (4 years ago)

Very charming project and your entire mantle display looks great. Pinned and shared! Thanks 🙂
    Michelle recently posted…Easy GuacamoleMy Profile

6. Sherry
    September 19, 2013 at 7:09 am (4 years ago)

I love love your banner! So pretty. I love burlap and with the black writing on it, it is perfect! I will definitely be making one for my fall mantel. Thank you so much for sharing.

7. Lisa
    September 19, 2013 at 2:59 pm (4 years ago)

This does look really pretty! I am wondering, did your burlap come with the print on it, or did you paint/stamp it yourself? I’m not sure that I have seen burlap for sale with a print already on it…
    Lisa recently posted…{YO GABBA GABBA Inspired} Monster HeadbandMy Profile

September 19, 2013 at 3:19 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Lisa! The print was already on the burlap. I bought it from Joann’s and they had a few different choices of printed burlap.

8. Leena Lanteigne
    September 20, 2013 at 8:37 am (4 years ago)

Your mantel looks great and I especially love the sweet banner! And it looks fairly quick and easy – perfect! I’m thinking of taking a few little projects on vacation with me and this may be one of them! Thanks for the inspiration and have a great weekend! Hugs, Leena
    Leena Lanteigne recently posted…Curb Alert!My Profile

September 25, 2013 at 7:14 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks so much Suzy! I just got back from vacation and got your comment! 🙂

9. Julie
    October 31, 2013 at 9:11 am (4 years ago)

Hi, I really love this banner you made! It is so pretty and perfect for fall and halloween. I pinned it and saw it on throwback thurs. Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com
    Julie recently posted…HALLOWEEN & GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENT!My Profile

10. Paula@SweetPea
    October 31, 2013 at 9:40 am (4 years ago)

What an adorable banner! I need to make something similar to decorate my booth for a local Christmas market. Thanks for the inspiration and also for giving me the idea to sew on the jute instead of gluing it. Thanks so much for sharing your project with this week’s Throwback Thursday party.
    Paula@SweetPea recently posted…Throwback Thursday #8My Profile

11. Renew Your Space
    November 2, 2013 at 2:55 pm (4 years ago)

This is super cute! I need to get out my mom’s old sewing machine & start making some fun things for the mantle 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration ~ Renee

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Fall Banner & Mantel