Washi Flag & Patriotic Display

Washi tape flag and patriotic display for Independence Day

Folks, I am definitely proud to be an American.  Sure this country has its share of problems but we also have a lot of freedoms that I’m thankful for!   While I love to travel and visit other places, I can’t imagine living anywhere else but the good old USA.

When I got an awesome deal on some washi tape from Pick Your Plum a couple weeks ago, I knew right away that I wanted to make flag art with it.  It was so simple!  Here’s how I did it.

Supplies:

• 8×10 art canvas
  • Washi tape of your choice
  • Scissors

Washi tape flag and patriotic display for Independence Day

First I applied my star tape to the upper left section.  Then I rotated the other strips on the remainder of the canvas.  Finally, I applied the star tape along the outer edge.  One of the reasons I like working with washi tape is that it’s so forgiving – if you mess up, just pull it up and reapply!

Washi tape flag and patriotic display for Independence Day

Probably the easiest craft I’ve done all year, and it looks so festive with the other patriotic decor on my hutch!

Washi tape flag and patriotic display for Independence Day

Washi tape flag and patriotic display for Independence Day

I hope all of my U.S. friends have a fabulous time celebrating our nation’s independence!

Washi tape flag and patriotic display for Independence Day

*Here’s to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!*

Miss any of my recent posts?  Catch up here:

Midcentury Buffet Gets a Classy Makeover

Making Crepes in Chicago

A Love Story: 7 Year Anniversary

Want another washi tape craft?  Washi Wildflowers

22 Comments on Washi Flag & Patriotic Display

1. Morena
    June 24, 2013 at 9:28 am (4 years ago)

Such a clever idea! I love it!

2. Billie
    June 24, 2013 at 2:31 pm (4 years ago)

I love this, Jen!! It’s sooo cute. I recognize the red bouquet on the top shelf. What a wonderful day that was. Happy 4th to you, Scott, & the boys. Love y’all!

3. Carol
    June 24, 2013 at 4:08 pm (4 years ago)

I saw the title of your blog on a comment you left on someone’s post. Lately, I am a girl (woman) in the garage. I have been organizing my creative space and working on projects at the same time. By next week, my garage will be the best place to be creative.

Happy Creating

4. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    June 25, 2013 at 7:38 am (4 years ago)

How fun and clever is this. I love it. Your whole vignette is gorgeous. I would love for you to link up to my ongoing party Inspire Me. – -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/06/170th-inspire-me-tuesday.html. Hugs, Marty
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life recently posted…170th Inspire Me TuesdayMy Profile

5. Jamie
    June 25, 2013 at 9:23 am (4 years ago)

Love the washi flag tape! Washi is amazing! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday!

June 25, 2013 at 10:08 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Jamie, so glad you stopped by! Love your party. 😉

June 26, 2013 at 8:00 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Mandy – that’s so exciting!

6. Nancy
    June 27, 2013 at 10:58 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for sharing this wonderful project–I am excited to be featuring it today! The new link party is up today, so link up anything you have been posting about! And we will be featuring FROZEN TREATS next week, so if you have any FROZEN TREATS–please share them and we will be happy to feature them! Can’t wait to see what you have to share! http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/06/happy-hour-friday-628.html

June 28, 2013 at 9:50 am (4 years ago)

Thanks so much, Nancy! Frozen treats sound great right now in this 90 degree heat we’ve been having! 🙂

June 29, 2013 at 7:32 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much Brenda- I’m glad you stopped by!

7. Cathy
    June 29, 2013 at 1:50 am (4 years ago)

I love this!

I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven’t already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday’s at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/. I would be honored if you join us! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs, Cathy

July 1, 2013 at 10:06 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much, it’s an honor!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Washi Flag & Patriotic Display