Chalk Painted Table With Gold Feet

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

This side table was badly scratched and abused when I got it.  It must have spent some time in a teenager’s room because it had their latest crush etched into one of the legs…  “I <3 …”   I get so sad when I see beautiful furniture neglected so badly!

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

I spent a good amount of time sanding and knew I wanted this to be my first experience with the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I received.  Since there are no stockists near me (Boo), I had to order the paint online.  Go HERE to find your nearest ASCP retailer.

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

I gave it 2-3 coats of paint depending on the area and did a little distressing.  (The heavily-sanded spots seemed to absorb the paint more.)  Here it is after the first coat:

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

It looks a little light but the color deepened after the second coat, and became much richer after I applied the AS clear wax.  Finally I used some metallic Sahara Gold craft paint to paint the bottom sections of the legs, giving it a “gold dipped” look which I love.

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

Here she is in all her finished glory… and no more bearing the scars of a furniture-abusing teenager’s angst.

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

This Provence color reminds me of Tiffany blue… aka robin’s egg blue… my favorite!

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

For once, the hardware didn’t need any cleaning or replacing – I was so relieved.

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

This table is currently for sale in my booth.

Annie Sloan chalk painted table with gold dipped feet.  Love this color!

As for my first experience with chalk paint and wax, so far I really like working with them.  After I use it on more projects then maybe I’ll do a full review for you.   😉

Have you used chalk paint?  What do you think of it?  I’d love to hear!

Miss any of my recent posts?  Catch up here:

Washi Flag & Patriotic Decor

Midcentury Buffet Gets Classy Makeover

Making Crepes in Chicago

23 Comments on Chalk Painted Table With Gold Feet

June 26, 2013 at 9:44 am (4 years ago)

Thanks Amy! I just linked up. 😉 I also tried to leave you a comment there but it didn’t post for some reason.

June 26, 2013 at 8:01 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Dee, I love the curves too! I wish they still made furniture so beautifully… but also affordable. I guess I’ll have to settle for restoring vintage pieces. 😉

1. Marilyn
    June 26, 2013 at 7:47 pm (4 years ago)

Jen this transformation is AMAZING!

2. Sue
    June 27, 2013 at 4:26 pm (4 years ago)

I love the color. The table looks completely different.

3. Laura
    June 29, 2013 at 9:53 pm (4 years ago)

It looks lovely! You already saw my first chalk paint project and I just had to come and see yours!

And I see you’re going to be at Haven … looking forward to meeting you!
    Laura recently posted…Blogger Homes Feature and The Chapel MarketMy Profile

4. brooke
    July 1, 2013 at 10:53 pm (4 years ago)

I love this table!!! i would love for you to come link up to my PAINT party everything Thursday, it goes live Wednesday Evening! Hope to see you there
    Brooke
    PS
    I will follow on my way out!!!

July 5, 2013 at 3:08 pm (4 years ago)

I made it over to your party! (My week was all thrown off because of the holiday) Thanks for inviting me over. 🙂

5. Amber
    July 2, 2013 at 5:04 pm (4 years ago)

Love it! The little bit of gold is a nice touch!! Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

Dimples & Pig Tales
    Amber recently posted…{featured}My Profile

6. sharon walker
    March 30, 2014 at 4:41 pm (4 years ago)

I just tried chalk pain for the first time over turquoise on a vintage telephone table/bench. My idea was that the lace (ivory) colored chalk paint would mute the brightness of the turquoise. I didn’t get too far because once I got a light coat of chalk paint on the seat of the bench, it looked messy, showing all the streaks which were caused by a flannel rag application. I tried a paint brush and didn’t like the look. I want to see the turquoise but thought a layer of chalk paint would just lighten it some. I’m not sure what I should do with it now. My understanding was that chalk paint was to be used over other paint. I also wanted to distress some of the edges w/ light sanding when I’m done. Ideas?

March 30, 2014 at 11:41 pm (4 years ago)

Sharon, did you try Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint? Chalk Paint is thicker than most other paints, so if you use it over another paint it will cover it completely (although you might need 2 coats for it look smooth). I have never tried using it with a rag – just a regular brush, so that could be why yours was streaky or it might need another coat of paint. (Also make sure to stir it well before using.) If you want just a subtle wash over the turquoise to lighten it, you could always pour some Chalk Paint into a separate container, add some water to thin it out, and then apply lightly onto the bench. Or you could try dry brushing it on. Generally Chalk Paint can be used over anything, but it’s not required to be used over other paint. For your last question- yes you can definitely distress by lightly sanding some of the edges, that would look great. I do that on a lot of my pieces also. I tried to answer all of your questions, I hope that helps!

• sharon walker
        April 2, 2014 at 10:44 am (4 years ago)

No I didn’t; I found Americana Decor brand at home depot. I tried foam brush, bristle brush and rag, but I think your idea of thinning the paint might help my project. The turquoise paint is just so vibrant. Thank you very much for your help and ideas!

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Chalk Painted Table With Gold Feet

1. […] 4. Chalk Painted Table from Girl in the Garage […]

2. […] 4. Chalk Painted Table from Girl in the Garage […]

3. […] 2. Embroidered Elephant Wall Art from The Experimental Home 3. How to Make a Pillow from Newton Custom Interiors 4. Chalk Painted Table from Girl in the Garage […]

4. […] Girl in the Garage: Gold Dipped Feet […]