Berry Blush Chair Makeover

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

Last weekend, you may remember that we went to visit my in-laws (I shared some photos of my mother-in-law’s Victorian cottage decor here).  Besides hanging out with the family, I made time for a little shopping.  Yes I’m guilty of visiting a few of my favorite retail stores that we don’t have by my house (Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters) – but I also discovered a Goodwill Outlet and had to see what it was about.  Honestly it was pretty much one big mess of stuff inside (it was not at all organized like a regular Goodwill store) – but I did make my way through just enough of it to find this chair.  Thankfully it wasn’t damaged in any way and was just missing a few “buttons” to cover the screws on the seat.

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

I knew some paint would really revive this chair, and I looked through my stash to see what I already had from sale items and freebies that I got at Lowe’s.  I’ve really been trying to be more bold with my color choices, so I took a chance and picked Berry Blush and Soft Silk.  At first I thought about painting the whole thing berry and then dry-brushing the white on top of it, but I knew that would give it a softer look and I was going for BOLD.  (Not neon-green-with-purple-polka-dots bold, but something a few steps up from my usual color choices!)

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

So I decided to paint some sections berry and some white.

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

I bought more buttons at Lowe’s and also painted them white.  After everything was finished, I protected it with a few coats of polyurethane.

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

And voila!  What do you think of this berry chair – is it love at first bite?

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

I love the way the bright white *pops* against the berry blush!

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

It looks great on the porch… or in an entry way… or even in a little girl’s room!

Miss any of my recent posts?  Catch up here:

Victorian Cottage Home Decor

The Metallic Cube

Upcycled Farmhouse Crate Table

This project was featured at these fabulous parties:

Happy Hour Projects

Featured on The Humble Brag
Also featured at:  Better After

31 Comments on Berry Blush Chair Makeover

1. Tara @ Suburble
    (May 3, 2013)

Love it, Jen! It’s so bright and fun and awesome! What are you going to do with it? (I can see it on a front porch or maybe as an accent chair in a girls’ room)

I need to break out some of my painting skills – you furniture mavens are making me jealous!

(May 4, 2013)

Thanks Tara! I love it but I’m probably going to sell it. I don’t have room for it and I need to fund my addiction for buying old furniture… LOL

2. Krista Low
    (May 3, 2013)

I love this chair! It’s amazing what a little paint and a lot of love will do! I found you from the Aloha Blog Hop! I’m happy to “meet” you :) Krista @ A Handful of Everthing

(May 4, 2013)

Thank you Adrianne, I thought so too. :)

3. Sue
    (May 3, 2013)

Love the chair! Great color!

4. Alexis @ We Like to Learn as We Go
    (May 3, 2013)

I love this! It’s beautiful! And the color choice is awesome!

(May 4, 2013)

Thanks Rachael- I’m actually probably going to sell the chair. As much as I love it, I don’t have any room for it! It would be perfect in a little girl’s room though… :)

5. Kim
    (May 6, 2013)

I love red! This chair is super sweet! It would look great anywhere inside my house! Hmmm…another project for my very long to do list! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Kim recently posted…There’s A Blogger Award?My Profile

6. Krissy
    (May 6, 2013)

I love this! I am preparing to paint our dining room table and chairs. I’ve been thinking of plain old black, but after seeing this, I might want to be more adventurous. I love the two-tone look!
    Krissy recently posted…Dining Table to MakeoverMy Profile

(May 7, 2013)

I’m so glad this project could help inspire you. I just popped over to your blog and I think your dining set is fabulous- so much potential! I’m sure it will look amazing whatever route you decide to go with it. :)

7. Andi
    (May 8, 2013)

LoVe how that turned out!! I love the pops of white…fantastico!!!

-andi
    Andi recently posted…i shipped my tubMy Profile

8. Jamie
    (May 12, 2013)

Wow, such a great transformation! Thanks so much for linking up to Give Me The Goods Monday! Hope to see you again this Monday ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com
    Jamie recently posted…Mother’s Day Breakfast-In-Bed TrayMy Profile

(May 16, 2013)

Awesome! Thank you so much Jocie! ;)

(September 12, 2013)

Thank you Jeanette! It’s such a happy color combination. ;)

9. Toodie
    (September 11, 2013)

I absolutely love it!!! It makes me smile.

10. Sophia
    (September 12, 2013)

Your color choices are great. I would put that chair with a matching desk into my daughter’s room.

Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com
    Sophia recently posted…Thankful Friday EveMy Profile

11. Rachel G
    (September 12, 2013)

That chair is sooo cute!! Those are definitely colors I’d choose for a painting project!