Berry Blush Chair Makeover

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

Last weekend, you may remember that we went to visit my in-laws (I shared some photos of my mother-in-law’s Victorian cottage decor here).  Besides hanging out with the family, I made time for a little shopping.  Yes I’m guilty of visiting a few of my favorite retail stores that we don’t have by my house (Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters) – but I also discovered a Goodwill Outlet and had to see what it was about.  Honestly it was pretty much one big mess of stuff inside (it was not at all organized like a regular Goodwill store) – but I did make my way through just enough of it to find this chair.  Thankfully it wasn’t damaged in any way and was just missing a few “buttons” to cover the screws on the seat.

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

I knew some paint would really revive this chair, and I looked through my stash to see what I already had from sale items and freebies that I got at Lowe’s.  I’ve really been trying to be more bold with my color choices, so I took a chance and picked Berry Blush and Soft Silk.  At first I thought about painting the whole thing berry and then dry-brushing the white on top of it, but I knew that would give it a softer look and I was going for BOLD.  (Not neon-green-with-purple-polka-dots bold, but something a few steps up from my usual color choices!)

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

So I decided to paint some sections berry and some white.

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

I bought more buttons at Lowe’s and also painted them white.  After everything was finished, I protected it with a few coats of polyurethane.

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

And voila!  What do you think of this berry chair – is it love at first bite?

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

I love the way the bright white *pops* against the berry blush!

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

Berry Blush Chair Makeover by Girl in the Garage

It looks great on the porch… or in an entry way… or even in a little girl’s room!

Miss any of my recent posts?  Catch up here:

Victorian Cottage Home Decor

The Metallic Cube

Upcycled Farmhouse Crate Table

This project was featured at these fabulous parties:

Happy Hour Projects

Featured on The Humble Brag
Also featured at:  Better After

31 Comments on Berry Blush Chair Makeover

1. Tara @ Suburble
    May 3, 2013 at 10:40 am (3 years ago)

Love it, Jen! It’s so bright and fun and awesome! What are you going to do with it? (I can see it on a front porch or maybe as an accent chair in a girls’ room)

I need to break out some of my painting skills – you furniture mavens are making me jealous!

May 4, 2013 at 8:27 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Tara! I love it but I’m probably going to sell it. I don’t have room for it and I need to fund my addiction for buying old furniture… LOL

2. Krista Low
    May 3, 2013 at 1:07 pm (3 years ago)

I love this chair! It’s amazing what a little paint and a lot of love will do! I found you from the Aloha Blog Hop! I’m happy to “meet” you :) Krista @ A Handful of Everthing

May 4, 2013 at 8:26 am (3 years ago)

Thank you Adrianne, I thought so too. :)

3. Sue
    May 3, 2013 at 2:37 pm (3 years ago)

Love the chair! Great color!

4. Alexis @ We Like to Learn as We Go
    May 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm (3 years ago)

I love this! It’s beautiful! And the color choice is awesome!

5. Rachael
    May 3, 2013 at 10:43 pm (3 years ago)

I love these colors, Jen! I would totally put that chair somewhere in my house, it’s so bright and cheerful! What are you going to do with it?
    Rachael recently posted…What I Gather About $5,200 and BracesMy Profile

May 4, 2013 at 8:25 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Rachael- I’m actually probably going to sell the chair. As much as I love it, I don’t have any room for it! It would be perfect in a little girl’s room though… :)

6. Kim
    May 6, 2013 at 8:20 pm (3 years ago)

I love red! This chair is super sweet! It would look great anywhere inside my house! Hmmm…another project for my very long to do list! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Kim recently posted…There’s A Blogger Award?My Profile

7. Krissy
    May 6, 2013 at 10:52 pm (3 years ago)

I love this! I am preparing to paint our dining room table and chairs. I’ve been thinking of plain old black, but after seeing this, I might want to be more adventurous. I love the two-tone look!
    Krissy recently posted…Dining Table to MakeoverMy Profile

May 7, 2013 at 3:51 pm (3 years ago)

I’m so glad this project could help inspire you. I just popped over to your blog and I think your dining set is fabulous- so much potential! I’m sure it will look amazing whatever route you decide to go with it. :)

8. Andi
    May 8, 2013 at 8:15 pm (3 years ago)

LoVe how that turned out!! I love the pops of white…fantastico!!!

Andi recently posted…i shipped my tubMy Profile

9. Jamie
    May 12, 2013 at 12:24 am (3 years ago)

Wow, such a great transformation! Thanks so much for linking up to Give Me The Goods Monday! Hope to see you again this Monday 😉
    Jamie @
    Jamie recently posted…Mother’s Day Breakfast-In-Bed TrayMy Profile

10. Peggy~PJH Designs
    May 13, 2013 at 6:52 am (3 years ago)

Hi Jen! I just love that berry color and your chair turned out so cute. Thanks so much for sharing with Transformed Tuesday.

Peggy~PJH Designs
    Peggy~PJH Designs recently posted…Recent Purchases & Thrifty FindsMy Profile

May 16, 2013 at 8:51 am (3 years ago)

Awesome! Thank you so much Jocie! 😉

11. Jeanette
    September 11, 2013 at 8:42 pm (2 years ago)

I love that you added the white to off set the lovely berry color. Great job!
    Jeanette recently posted…Throwback Thursday 1My Profile

September 12, 2013 at 11:20 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you Jeanette! It’s such a happy color combination. 😉

12. Toodie
    September 11, 2013 at 10:41 pm (2 years ago)

I absolutely love it!!! It makes me smile.

13. Sophia
    September 12, 2013 at 12:10 pm (2 years ago)

Your color choices are great. I would put that chair with a matching desk into my daughter’s room.

Sophia recently posted…Thankful Friday EveMy Profile

14. Rachel G
    September 12, 2013 at 6:13 pm (2 years ago)

That chair is sooo cute!! Those are definitely colors I’d choose for a painting project!